Q. I have a lump in my tonsil area. Is that a cancer?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I have one white lump around the tonsil area in my throat. It has been there a good few months now and the area is swollen. Is this cancer?

#

Cancer cannot be diagnosed by inspection only. To exclude tonsillar stone you have to perform lateral neck X-ray and show me it later on. I advise you to use a mouthwash and gargle your pharynx then expectorate it many times during the day for a week. Then if the white spot still exists you may have to undergo tonsillectomy. Then examine the tonsillar tissue histologically to detect its nature.

For more information consult an ENT-otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Following throat infection, why is there an altered taste?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was at my local out of hours service this morning with an extremely painful and swollen throat. I was told I had a severe case of tonsillitis. I have been given antibiotics. Since then I feel a poison taste running down my throat and had a bit of a relief of p...  Read Full »

Is radiotherapy recommended for breast cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,I had pure mucinous right breast cancer and had nipple sparing mastectomy. Do I need radiotherapy? My report showed 0/18 free lymph nodes, free margins, ER 8/8, PR 8/8, HER2 zero and KI67 8%.  Read Full »

Is the lump on my back fat or a tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a knot or lump on my upper back just in the middle and little right side of the back. It can be felt when I get a massage. Can this be dangerous? The doctor once told me seven years back that it might be fat. What test can make sure that it is not a serious kind of tumor?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»