Q. I have a lump in my tonsil area. Is that a cancer?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I have one white lump around the tonsil area in my throat. It has been there a good few months now and the area is swollen. Is this cancer?

#

Cancer cannot be diagnosed by inspection only. To exclude tonsillar stone you have to perform lateral neck X-ray and show me it later on. I advise you to use a mouthwash and gargle your pharynx then expectorate it many times during the day for a week. Then if the white spot still exists you may have to undergo tonsillectomy. Then examine the tonsillar tissue histologically to detect its nature.

For more information consult an ENT-otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|