Lump

I have had a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a soft, fluid lump inside my vagina for some months now. I find that if I sit back like on the toilet the lump will be right at the vaginal entrance but when lying down it feels further inside the vagina. I visited my GP as I was also having some irritation in the area and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most probable cause of a fluid filled cyst inside the vagina is Gartners cyst. It is usually asymptomatic and benign. It does not interfere with cycle irregularity or sex. Gartners cyst does not go away with hot compression or antibiotics. It requires exicision,...  Read Full »

What can cause painless bony lump behind the ear?

Query: Hi, I found this boney lump behind my ear back last year and went to an urgent care. They told me it was a lymph node and if it didn’t go away to come back. It was a busy year and I forgot about it. Last week I just found the lump again and started to get nervous as it’s still there. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for providing a detailed description of the problem in concern. There is absolutely nothing that you need to be worried about. Most commonly the reason for a swelling in the post aural region above the mastoid without any ear problems is an enlarged lymph node. The most common cause of...  Read Full »

Swelling on armpit has reduced its size but pain is still there. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week, I developed painful lumps in my left armpit with 100 fever and severe body ache. I took PCM and the fever was gone. I had a sore throat too. However, the armpit lumps were there. Three days after this, a similar thing happened again with the lump becoming more painful. So I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I understand that you are very concerned. But please do not panic and as you mentioned, these are lymph nodes that enlarge usually with infections bacterial or viral. Even after the infection subsides there are chances that lymph node still remains...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of getting influenza vaccine?

Query: Hello doctor, I got the influenza vaccination about a week ago and have a swollen and painful lump in my armpit.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You are having lymph node swelling axillary post influenza vaccination. Influenza vaccine is a very safe vaccine. Although some may have local pain, swelling, and fever. Some may have local lymphadenopathy. Lymphadenopathy is a swelling of ly...  Read Full »

Can a hard lump in the lower back be kidney cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44-year-old male. I had a hard lump on the left lower back between top of the hip bone and lower ribs. No pain to the touch. It feels about the size of a marble or the end of a pinky finger. What is it most likely? I did have a hard fall on my back about a year ago in that area...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Looking at the location you pointed there should be no lump ideally in that area as it is purely muscular. Having said that, in your case since you had a fall at that point last year, possibl...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for painful lump in the armpit.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a painful armpit lump. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is an infection. Take tablet Cefixime 200 mg twice daily for five days, Mupirocin ointment daily for five days. Take antiseptic soap for bathing. Tablet Aceclofenac and Serratiopeptidase once daily if there is pain. Review after five days. Infection will subside, i...  Read Full »

How to confirm the nature of a mild tender lump under the skin of the deltoid muscle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a mild, tender bump or a lump or a kind of knot deep under the skin on the deltoid muscle. It is very hard to tell if it is moving under the skin. It has been there for three years. I have not noticed any significant growth in the last three years. I am quite scared after rea...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the anxiety you would be suffering from after suspecting that it is a sarcoma. Here is what I can suggest to you: Sarcoma is an uncommon cause of such lumps, and much more common are some harmless cysts and lipomas. Malignant tumors like sarcoma gener...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

Why am I having a lump at the back of throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump at the back of my throat (oropharynx). When I look inside my mouth, I can see it. The veins around it are enlarged and well visible. I asked my doctor what it is, and she told me it is an enlarged lymph node. I do not fully trust it, since I cannot find any lymph nodes i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly it is an inflammation of the lymphoid adenoid tissue as it can extend downwards from the nasopharynx. Is it painful or tender to food?  Read Full »

Why do I have lumps near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in real pain for past 9 months and my doctor is clueless after several visits. After a period of 38.6 weeks in latent labor, I had a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery (first baby). No ultrasound was done the very day of admission. With crowning left medio-lateral episiotomy was given....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. It seems there is fistula (tunnel like passage) formation leading to recurrent perianal abscess in your anogenital area. But it needs to be examined to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult an experienced surgeon for f...  Read Full »