Lump

How to confirm the nature of a mild tender lump under the skin of the deltoid muscle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a mild, tender bump or a lump or a kind of knot deep under the skin on the deltoid muscle. It is very hard to tell if it is moving under the skin. It has been there for three years. I have not noticed any significant growth in the last three years. I am quite scared after rea...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the anxiety you would be suffering from after suspecting that it is a sarcoma. Here is what I can suggest to you: Sarcoma is an uncommon cause of such lumps, and much more common are some harmless cysts and lipomas. Malignant tumors like sarcoma gener...  Read Full »

What are the causes of joint pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My inner muscle is hurting in my upper right leg. I can touch and feel a small round lump at my upper leg joint. I am having it for the past three days. Today, I am feeling more pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Pain at the joint can be due to injury to bones forming the joint or ligaments or bursa or muscles overlying the joint. As per your query, you have lump over the joint. It may or may not be r...  Read Full »

Why am I having a lump at the back of throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lump at the back of my throat (oropharynx). When I look inside my mouth, I can see it. The veins around it are enlarged and well visible. I asked my doctor what it is, and she told me it is an enlarged lymph node. I do not fully trust it, since I cannot find any lymph nodes i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly it is an inflammation of the lymphoid adenoid tissue as it can extend downwards from the nasopharynx. Is it painful or tender to food?  Read Full »

Why do I have lumps near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am in real pain for past 9 months and my doctor is clueless after several visits. After a period of 38.6 weeks in latent labor, I had a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery (first baby). No ultrasound was done the very day of admission. With crowning left medio-lateral episiotomy was given....  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your complaint. It seems there is fistula (tunnel like passage) formation leading to recurrent perianal abscess in your anogenital area. But it needs to be examined to confirm the diagnosis. I would suggest you to consult an experienced surgeon for f...  Read Full »

I have a lump in my groin with yellow discharge after getting popped. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a lump in my groin, which I pushed, and it popped. Now I have a small hole near my vaginal opening which leaks yellow clear stringy discharge and also a small amount of blood if I push where the lump used to be. I have had this a couple of months now what could it be? There is n...  Read Full »

Dr. Suchada Chaiwechakarn

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The opening is your urethra. The yellowish discharge and blood tinged discharge is coming from urethral diverticulum which is an outpouching of the urethra. It is not infection although you see stuff that looks like pus. The treatment would be surgical removal of the d...  Read Full »

What causes lumps on botox injection sites?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been injecting Botox into my forehead for three years now and never had a reaction. Two days ago I visited a different dermatologist and right after the session, I developed hard lumps on every injection site. I returned to the same dermatologist and she told me this is nothing t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send image and revert back. Without clinical photographs, it is difficult to comment. Is there a change in color of skin? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

Why am I having round lumps under jaw, ear and neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel one lump under my jaw and one on neck. They are movable and shape of them is round in size, may be to my fingers tip and one more lump behind my ear, it is hard. All three do not cause any pain and I have not checked with any doctor. I am worried I am suffering from any serious...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query carefully as you told that you have movable fingertip-sized lumps and it does not cause pain, please do not worry about that. It does not look like a serious matter although if you want to be 100 % sure then you should go for a test called FNAC te...  Read Full »

What causes a cyst near clitorial hood?

Query: Dear doctor, I have noticed a lump the size of a grape on the outer left side of my clitoral hood; that was not there during the last two or three days. It is painless, hard, no irritation or color change, no strange or closed discharge. But it is huge and getting bigger every day. Any general idea...  Read Full »

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depending on your description, there could be few possibilities: Paraurethral gland swelling. Lipoma. Fibroma. Sebaceous cyst. Since it has been around for only a few days and not sore, I think it is just a retention cyst. Any gland around that place whose duct...  Read Full »

Why am I having red lump under armpit?

Query: Hello doctor, Is my armpit lump something serious? Slightly red lump under left armpit. Appeared approximately two weeks ago, slowly went away and almost disappeared, now it came back again. Only a tiny amount of pain when pressing. Feels a bit like a small hard pea. No fever, no weightloss, but sl...  Read Full »

Dr. Vijay Kumar Kumawat

General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query carefully, I have seen pictures also (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I just want to tell you that you need not worry about that lump. The lump may be a sebaceous cyst, which is very common and sometimes disappeared automatically....  Read Full »

What causes nodule on uvula?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small, flesh-colored and raised lump at the top of my uvula. There is another smaller one next to it. It is 2 to 3 mm in size. I look as if it is soft and there is no issue with swallowing. It is not painful and I have been aware of it for more than a month. I am a 19 year old ma...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. One question from my side is, have you noted if the lump is growing bigger in size? If yes, then it is a serious issue to be noted. Immediately consult your nearby oral medicine specialist or oral pathologist fo...  Read Full »