Lung Infection

Will Levolin, budecort inhalers and Montair LC kid cause any side effect in a 6-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 years old. He got lung allergy so the doctor gave Levolin 100 and Budecort inhalers and some syrup like Montair LC kid. So my son is getting free from the fever, coughs, and cold by using these medicines. After completion of these medicines course, he is repeating with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The doctor has given the right treatment and please follow his instructions. The inhalers are safe and do not have any side effects as the dose of medicine is in micrograms which is very small. The allergic problem will resolve by itself as he grows. Sweating when f...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for lung calcification?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with pulmonary nodule calcifications in my upper lung early this year. They were not present in the same report investigations performed last year. I want to get these removed through surgery, since they keep posing problems while applying visa and abroad work permit. Can ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you have pulmonary nodule with calcifications in the upper lung, it suggests old infection of the lung and calcification denotes it as a benign lesion. Any healing in our body has a tendency of getting calcified over the period of time. But, that does not ...  Read Full »

Can smoking cause clubbed nails?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male, who weighs 195 lbs and I am 5.10 feet tall. All of my fingers are clubbed. My nails have become wide and thick giving them an abnormal round appearance. The skin above my cuticles is slightly raised and red. My nails do not extend straight out, but they curve d...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your nails and fingers, and it is in fact clubbing. The cause is smoking-induced lung damage and bronchiectasis. Regarding the reversibility, we cannot be sure at this moment, as it will depend ...  Read Full »

I have lung pain and it is getting worse during deep breath and sneeze. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old girl. My problem is that I am suffering from lower lung pain on the left side for the past 10 days. I already consulted a doctor, but he was not able to find anything abnormal in X-ray and blood reports. He prescribed me some capsules and pain killers, but it does n...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you said, you had left chest pain for 10 days, and all reports are normal, it is very difficult to interpret it. You should elaborate your history in detail, including your history or similar episodes in the past. Attach the x-ray with your query. If you are havin...  Read Full »

What can cause breathing and sleep problems in a 86 year old patient?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandmother is 86 years old. She is having cold since last 10 days that gets controlled with medicines. But, in the last 4 days she has breathing problem and also she is unable to sleep well. She has given blood for testing. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. As you said, your grandmother initially had cold and is now suffering from breathing difficulty. It is advised to shift her to any nearby hospital and do a chest x-ray to rule out any infective cause. And also to rule out any un...  Read Full »

What causes fluid collection in the lungs?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has pleural infection in lungs. When she was 2 years, decortication was done by open surgery. Now she is four years old. 3 days back she got fever. Though after taking antibiotic her fever subsided, x-ray report showed mild cardiomegaly with bilateral perihilar congestion. Is...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Pleural fluid collection occurs when infection persists for long time and is not responding to antibiotics. Pleural fluid collection in past does not increases the chances of collection at a later age. This time, x- ray (attachment remo...  Read Full »

Please suggest treatment for a 2-month-old baby suffering from dry cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 2 months old and he is suffering with dry cough over the last 3 days. We consulted local doctor and he advised TA-65 capsule which can be taken by mixing one capsule in 10 cc of distilled water. He advised to use 2 mL of this mixture for 3 days. My question is how exactly does T...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your kid is probably suffering from some throat infection or lung infection (respiratory infection). TA - 65 is a telomerase activator, it comes in capsule form. It is used to boost immune system, skin and given for sexual improvement. It has no role in cough and it...  Read Full »

Please suggest a treatment plan for a patient with chronic cough.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother underwent gallbladder surgery 10 months ago. From past 3 months she started having chronic cough. She tried many home remedies. She did not recover completely. I took my mother recently for a health checkup. As I suspected the chest report was not absolutely fine. But, the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for choosing this platform. As you said your mother is having chronic cough 4 months after surgery. It can be just coincidental finding as her x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is showing prominent basal vascular markings and cough can b...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the remedy for lung congestion felt only at dawn.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from lung congestion at dawn. The condition is relieved during the day, persisting for a month. Kindly suggest the remedy.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Possibly, you might be having some mild infection in the lung that is causing the congestion towards early morning. When patients come with these complaints, I evaluate them and see if they have any infection or allergy. Symptoms suggesting infection are a cough, thick ...  Read Full »

Why do I get right-sided chest pains when I sleep on my side?

Query: Hello doctor, I used to have right-sided chest pains, only when I sleep on my side. But since today, I feel a constant pain in my chest. Why am I having constant chest pain? Should I be worried?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your query. Right-sided chest pain could be due to a muscle catch, pleurisy, gastritis, lung infection, stones in the gallbladder, and liver problem. I need more information on the pain, Since how long it is paining? How is the pain? Is it burning, pri...  Read Full »