Q. I inhaled enamel paint residual fumes. How will the health be affected?

Answered by Dr. Arul Amuthan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Lung Irritation or Eye Irritation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I (66 years, 145 lbs) am using a can of enamel paint in my basement. Total of 1 to 2 minutes. Had a mask on then took it off while I cleaned up 5 to 10 inhaling residual fumes. However, the mask was old. I know I should not have done it inside. Can this cause any health issues? Ran an air cleaner that helped take care of the smell. Now, most importantly my 15 months old granddaughter came to stay four days later. She never went to the basement. We try to keep the basement door closed. Could she have any health issues near or long term? It is really worrying me.