Q. I lost interest in my husband after getting involved with another man. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

I have a problem in my married life. I have lost interest in my husband. Whenever he tries to make a physical contact with me, I do not like it. Sometimes, I do it just for the sake of it. During this time, I came in contact with another man, and now I am very much physically involved with him. He satisfies me in every way. I do not know what to do. I want to come out of this situation. Please advise.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• This is natural for a woman to have sex with only one man, and if you are emotionally connected with some other man, the loss of interest in husband can be expected. In other words, women need more of an emotional support rather than sex. Sex is just one of the byproduct of a satisfying relationship with a man.
  • Having said this, we need to look for causes of getting emotional and sexual needs fulfilled from other men. In this direction, first of your need is to have a new spark in your married life. It could be by revisiting your first few months of marriage or cozy sex, which you had with your husband. The life shared by your husband and positive qualities of your husband can help you in this regard.
  • I understand that he may not be great in bed, but it does not mean he does not have any good qualities to make a perfect husband. Also, planning an extended trip away from routine life may bring your life back to track.
  • Most important is your determination and motivation to have a happy married life. You need to generate a spark for it. I must acknowledge that I have very limited information and proper consultation can have more profound effect on quality of consultation and assistance.

I hope this helps you. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|