Q. I lost interest in my husband after getting involved with another man. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

Hi doctor,

I have a problem in my married life. I have lost interest in my husband. Whenever he tries to make a physical contact with me, I do not like it. Sometimes, I do it just for the sake of it. During this time, I came in contact with another man, and now I am very much physically involved with him. He satisfies me in every way. I do not know what to do. I want to come out of this situation. Please advise.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

  • This is natural for a woman to have sex with only one man, and if you are emotionally connected with some other man, the loss of interest in husband can be expected. In other words, women need more of an emotional support rather than sex. Sex is just one of the byproduct of a satisfying relationship with a man.
  • Having said this, we need to look for causes of getting emotional and sexual needs fulfilled from other men. In this direction, first of your need is to have a new spark in your married life. It could be by revisiting your first few months of marriage or cozy sex, which you had with your husband. The life shared by your husband and positive qualities of your husband can help you in this regard.
  • I understand that he may not be great in bed, but it does not mean he does not have any good qualities to make a perfect husband. Also, planning an extended trip away from routine life may bring your life back to track.
  • Most important is your determination and motivation to have a happy married life. You need to generate a spark for it. I must acknowledge that I have very limited information and proper consultation can have more profound effect on quality of consultation and assistance.

I hope this helps you. Thanks and regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
My sister feels depressed after marriage. How to deal with this?

She may be getting recurrent attacks of depression since marriage is a huge stress and not all can bear that stress healthily ... Also, she may need counseling to handle this marriage better ......   Read full

How can I strengthen relationship with my spouse?

.. to avoid anxiety. Develop trust and comfortable feeling. You need to talk to each other and share your feelings. Deep breathing, walking, and yoga exercise have to be started. Foreplay involvement. For more information consult an internal medicine...   Read full

I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. I feel lonely. What do I do?

Thank you doctor, I have completed eight weeks. I am in the 10th week. Are there any chances of getting my sugar level stabilized?   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.