Q. What can be done to cope up depression due to relationship issues?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

I feel so depressed from the past few weeks. I am in a relationship wherein, my fiance is not able to give me time. We are in the relationship for the past 5 years. I am so addicted to him that I do not have any other friends in my life and I feel he is my everything. Due to some reason, he is not giving me time and that is hurting me a lot. I do not feel like staying at home. On weekends also, I plan to go to the office. I try keeping my self busy. On sunday, I am at home. I go for a drive or go shopping so that I would feel better but from the past few days, whatever I do, I am not feeling good. I am not feeling like going out for shopping nor for the drive. Things which gave me happiness are also irritating me. I just sit and think about things and keep crying all the time.

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sleep Medicine
#

I can see you are in a tough situation. Every relationship has many aspects which are mutual like mutual respect, mutual care, mutual love, mutual expectations. The problem arises when there is an imbalance in partners mutual love, care, expectations, etc. And it is more hurtful for the partner who gives more, the one who takes things little bit granted does not get affected. In this situation, my advise to you would be a direct and clear communication on what are your expectations and what things are hurting you. Do not plead in front of your partner for his time, love and care. This will make you even more granted in his life. Try to make friends also. Do not make this relationship your whole life, it will increase your fiance's authority to hurt you. Try these things.

|