Q. To what extent will marriage counseling help the couple?

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2021

We applied for a divorce, and we are going to a psychiatrist for counseling as advised. The reason for divorce is that my wife is not willing to have sex, but complaining that I have some problem. I hope she loves someone and still having contact with him. My friend informed that during counseling they will apply a lotion on the forehead and will give a tablet before counseling. May I know the use of tablet and lotion. Is it possible to get the real fact in her mind? Please advise.

#

• I guess you know and understand thoroughly what exactly divorce counseling means. By this, the couple will figure out why their relationship did not work and to have the insight of the unhappiness felt by the couple.
  • The medication varies accordingly. They may be for anxiety, depression, delusions, etc., and is based on the thought process of the partner.
  • Thus, counseling is offered mainly aiming to cope with the change and progress minimizing the ill effects on the partners in multiple counseling sessions singly or together.
  • By proper counseling and understanding, it is possible to know what is there in her mind, though.
  • Divorce counseling is like separation counseling, unlike couple counseling that is like a guidance to a marriage.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|