My cholesteatoma removal surgery (mastoidectomy) is due in the next few weeks. I was told all three bones in my ear needed to be removed, and that hearing will get worse after the operation. So, I have a few questions.
1) What degree of hearing would be remaining after the operation?
2) What sort of hearing loss will occur?
3) Will I need a hearing aid afterward?
4) What type of hearing aid would I be given?
5) How soon after the operation would I be able to get a hearing aid?
6) What are the common painkillers given after such surgery?