HomeAnswersAndrologymasturbationI am a 21-year-old male masturbating for the past ten years. I have been experiencing changes in my penis and arousal. Please help.

How to overcome the negative effects of excessive masturbation?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 6, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 6, 2023

Patient's Query

I am a 21-year-old male and I have been masturbating since I was 11 years old. On average, I engage in this activity around six times a day, with occasional instances reaching a maximum of 15-20 times a day. My penis size has decreased from 6 inches to 5.2 inches and has bent a little towards left and upwards. My scrotum has increased a lot in size and it feels uneasy all the time. Additionally, my foreskin is a little tight. I have big glans penis and though the foreskin does gets back, in erect penis it requires a little effort to pull back. It feels little uncomfortable when it is back on the erect penis.

In addition to this, sometimes I do not get morning erections and I never get full erection. My erection does not get enough long and hard. I only get erection when I try to masturbate with or without porn and not naturally as it used to be before. It is also difficult for me to maintain the erection. I also feel very all time though I am healthy and fit. I have always been extremely stressed out and angry. I am introvert who hardly talks or meets anyone out of my house. I have also never touched any girl. I also suffer from mild constipation for the past 10 years.

Please help.

Answered by Dr. Raveendran S R

I can understand your concern

Masturbation is normal, with approximately ninety-five percent of males engaging in it. It serves as a solo form of sexual expression, akin to intimate interaction without a partner, and is generally considered a healthy practice. The following are its benefits.

1. It helps to relieve stress.
  2. Boosts mood.
  3. Improves sleep.
  4. Helps to prevent depression and anxiety.
  5. Relaxes the mind of a person.
  6. Relieves pain and muscle cramps.
  7. Relieves the sexual tension.
  8. Improves the confidence of a person.
  9. Allows one to have better sex.
  10. Helps the person understand his needs and desires.
  11. In females, masturbation increases vaginal blood flow.

Engaging in masturbation does not pose harm to your penis. Doing so two to three times a week is generally considered acceptable. However, exceeding this frequency can lead to feelings of fatigue, reduced concentration, and a perception of lowered fertility.

Ways to reduce masturbation include:

1. Sex education.
  2. Physical exercises.
  3. Sleep adjustment.
  4. Quality of sleep.
  5. Healthy and balanced diet.
  6. Programming for leisure time.
  7. Development of spirituality.
  8. Taking a cold bath.

For tiredness or decrease in strength, I would suggest you take capsule Astymin Forte (amino acid and vitamin supplement) once in the morning and tablet Shelcal (Calcium and Vitamin D3) once at night after food for thirty days.

Consult your doctor, talk to them, and then take the medications as per their advice.

Hope this helps you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Raveendran S R
Dr. Raveendran S R

Sexology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Andrology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy