Maxillary Sinus Cyst

When is sinus surgery indicated?

Query: Hi doctor, I snore and wake up tired daily. Sometimes, my nose is runny all day. I have attached my CT report for your reference. I just wanted to know if surgery necessary. Will it benefit me? Please explain.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are happy to help you. Your CT scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity) concludes that you have retention cyst inside both maxillary sinuses and the right frontal sinus. Retention cysts form when fluid collections in the sinuses get covered with a mucu...  Read Full »

What does maxillary sinus retention cyst with chronic sinus inflammatory changes mean?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pressure pain in the head, sometimes back and neck pain. MRI findings says right maxillary sinus retention cyst, also, mild chronic sinus inflammatory changes are noted. What does that mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It means that you had mild sinusitis (sinus infection) for a long time. The changes are prominent at the maxillary sinus. The maxillary sinus is an air-filled bony space below the eye and front part of the cheek. Retention cyst means that due to the long-standing i...  Read Full »

Is there any finding in my MRI regarding ice pick headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having ice pick headaches. Hence, I went for an MRI scan and regular blood tests. Now, I am wondering whether my report is normal. Can you please guide me? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The attached MRI images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) showed normal findings. There are many pictures which have not been attached. However, I wish to have a look at the complete set of pictures for an accurate interpretation of your MRI scan brain...  Read Full »

Nothing seems to help my allergic rhinitis. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with allergic rhinitis. I saw many doctors and had a nasal septum deviation surgery last year too, to control the allergies but nothing helped. I have to take antihistamines twice every day. I take 180 mg Telfast. The symptoms are very similar to having the flu. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy is a genetic disorder and does not have a permanent cure. When we know we are allergic to some substance, the best way to avoid allergy is to stay away from it. This form of allergen-avoidance is not practical in your case. To establish that it is allergy indee...  Read Full »

I have two cysts on my upper jaw and a soft tissue growth in my maxillary sinuses. Please advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I have two cysts on my right upper jaw on tooth number 3 and 4. I have attached the OPG x-ray of that area. I also have a soft tissue growth in my right and left maxillary sinuses. Under these circumstances, what should I do? Should I visit a dentist or an oral surgeon? Please tell me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen both the x-rays that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It appears like two cysts are present in the maxilla in the 13, 14, and 15 regions. This is most likely a periapical cyst. It has a distinct radiopaque (white) border. ...  Read Full »