Q. I have two cysts on my upper jaw and a soft tissue growth in my maxillary sinuses. Please advice.

Dr. Sneha Kannan

I have two cysts on my right upper jaw on tooth number 3 and 4. I have attached the OPG x-ray of that area. I also have a soft tissue growth in my right and left maxillary sinuses. Under these circumstances, what should I do? Should I visit a dentist or an oral surgeon? Please tell me.

#

I have seen both the x-rays that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It appears like two cysts are present in the maxilla in the 13, 14, and 15 regions. This is most likely a periapical cyst. It has a distinct radiopaque (white) border. It might have been caused by an infection in the associated tooth root. These cysts are mostly asymptomatic, that is, you will not have any pain or discomfort.
  • Do you have any swelling in your cheeks? Do you have any pain?
  • The treatment options for dental cysts include getting the infected tooth extracted or a root canal procedure. An oral and maxillofacial surgeon will be able to guide you regarding this.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Are you an oral and maxillofacial surgeon?

#

• No, I am not an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Thank you.

|