Q. I have two cysts on my upper jaw and a soft tissue growth in my maxillary sinuses. Please advice.

Dr. Sneha Kannan

I have two cysts on my right upper jaw on tooth number 3 and 4. I have attached the OPG x-ray of that area. I also have a soft tissue growth in my right and left maxillary sinuses. Under these circumstances, what should I do? Should I visit a dentist or an oral surgeon? Please tell me.

#

I have seen both the x-rays that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It appears like two cysts are present in the maxilla in the 13, 14, and 15 regions. This is most likely a periapical cyst. It has a distinct radiopaque (white) border. It might have been caused by an infection in the associated tooth root. These cysts are mostly asymptomatic, that is, you will not have any pain or discomfort.
  • Do you have any swelling in your cheeks? Do you have any pain?
  • The treatment options for dental cysts include getting the infected tooth extracted or a root canal procedure. An oral and maxillofacial surgeon will be able to guide you regarding this.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Are you an oral and maxillofacial surgeon?

#

• No, I am not an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Thank you.

| 

How to treat the infected tooth present with pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lot of pain on my right side upper and lower jaw. I have a wisdom tooth on the upper jaw. Before two days, the tooth directly below the wisdom tooth got broken, and it is causing pain. I am scared of going to the dentist. What can I do now? Please help me.  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment be done on a small kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-1/2-year-old son has a problem with four teeth (front, above) and doctors are suggesting RCT (root canal treatment). Here are my questions. Can RCT be done for such a small child? Will it affect his next teeth at around 7 years of age? Is there any alternate for RCT ...  Read Full »

I have pain and bleeding after molar tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, Is it normal for a dentist to not prescribe anything for pain after having a broken molar extracted, and three roots pulled out? My tooth was extracted yesterday, still bleeding heavily. I had fever through the day.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»