Measles

Can measles cause pericoronitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am really suffering from pericoronitis and I cannot eat properly. Does measles cause pericoronitis?   Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.Measles does not have any connection with pericoronitis. Pericoronitis occurs when the gums over the wisdom tooth get swelled and there is an accumulation of food particles and bacteria leading to a painful condition. There is a restricted mouth opening in some cases. Measl...  Read Full »

How to manage measles with a swollen and dry throat?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is a 15-year-old girl and weighs approximately about 42 kg. She has measles for more than a week; now, she is only taking Dolan for fever. Now she's quite upset with her swollen throat, and she spits once with blood. She has a bad taste; that is why she seldom eats. Her throat ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, some medicines will reduce the swelling and throat infection as well. If she spits out blood, there are possibilities of mouth ulcers. Can you please send me a picture of her mouth and the swollen part? Please take tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulani...  Read Full »

What is the reason for fever along with skin rash and lip swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, My 2 year old baby is suffering from fever, skin rashes, cough and vomiting after meal. What is the problem? What shall I do now? Her lips have got swollen. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Fever with rash, vomiting and swelling of lips can occur in dengue fever and measles. I think that you should do complete blood count, CRP levels (C-reactive protein) and NS1 Antigen test (dengue). The child should be immedia...  Read Full »

What are the ways measles can get transmitted?

Query: Hi doctor, One of my colleagues was diagnosed with measles. I had measles in my childhood. But my doubt is whether it can spread to my 2 months old granddaughter through me? Will I transmit the infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Community Medicine Physician, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Preventive Medicine Physician, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you are infected with measles, there is no chance of reinfection in you. Antibodies already present in your body will give you lifelong immunity. There will not be any active infection in you. There is no possibility of you infecting others. So, you will not transmit...  Read Full »

Please interpret my immunization results.

Query: Hello doctor, I got immunization check as it is a university requirement and the following were the results. I have not been on medication for the following and also am not on any medication right now. Please interpret these results. 1. HAV-IgG to Hep A - 11.48 (reactive). 2. Mumps - 47 (positive...  Read Full »

Dr. Elvis Nderitu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No need to worry despite the results turning positive. For instance, for hepatitis, the virus that is considered to be dangerous is hepatitis B, all the same, you need to take hepatitis immunization, which I believe is a requirement when joining the school. For the M...  Read Full »

Please see if the MMR report is fine.

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I had a blood test for MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and the report that I got, am not able to interpret. Could you please see if the report is fine? Will I require a vaccination dose for the same (I had the vaccination in childhood)? Is it harmful to have the vaccination more ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The results for measles and mumps show high antibodies which mean immunity is either due to past infection or vaccination. As for rubella, the level of antibodies is low which means ...  Read Full »

I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back. Can I plan a pregnancy now?

Query: Hello doctor, I got an MMR vaccine 25 days back, because rubella IgG was reactive, and IgM was nonreactive. And for toxoplasmosis IgG reactive and IgM nonreactive, I did a 15 days course of Rovamycine forte. Can I plan a pregnancy now? Or should I take Rovamycine forte for some more days?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella IgG positive indicates that you have immunity, and not infection, so no need to worry. Also, for toxoplasmosis, IgM is negative, which indicates there is no active infection, and it does not require any treatment. It indicates old infection. So, no need to wor...  Read Full »