Q. Does measles cause pericoronitis?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
Hi i am so curious about this thing, does measles cause pericoronitis? because i am really suffering from it i cant eat properly. I hope you can help me answer this question.
#

Hello,Welcome to ICLINIQ

This is your Dentist - I went through your query, As a Specialist I would like to assure you that Measles has no connection with pericoronitis.

Pericoronitis is said when the gum over the wisdom tooth swells and accumulate food paticles and bacteria leading to a painful condition with restricted mouth opening in some cases.

Measles is a viral infection that serious for kids,it spreads through sneezing followed by whole body rash . Fever fatigue ,pain in muscles runny nose.It has no connection with pericoronitis.

Medication's:

1. Tab Amoxyclav 625 mg 1 tab bd x 5 days.
  2. Tab Metronidazole 400mg 1 tab bd x 5 days.
  3. Tab Zerodol SP 1 tab bd x 5 days
  4. Cap Pan D 1 Cap bd before meal x 5 days.
  5. Betadine mouthwash ,gargle in luke warm water.2-3 times a day.

Kindly Upload an image of the area , if you need me to confirm. Kindly donot forget to post your feedback ratings ,its too helpful and motivates to work harder.

Let me know if any further query or discomfort. Am here to help Thank' s A lot. Take care.

|