Q. Should I be concerned about my meatal tear?

Dr. Gopinath
Published on Apr 06, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2019

I am 26 year old. I did not have any physical relationship till date. My meatus got torn from bottom of around 1 mm three weeks back due to masturbating on bed in jean. The meatus was swollen and looked like lips. I felt continuous need to urinate every 10 minutes or so. The urine was also dark yellow in color but would get transparent if I drank water properly. It has been three weeks now and the feeling to urinate has reduced. The swelling also has gone and the burning sensation has reduced. But, I feel slight irritation when the mouth rubs against my clothes. One more thing I noticed is that regularly I am dripping transparent thick liquid, and when exited, it drips a lot. This was not the case before the injury. I would like to know few more things. When will I get healed? What precaution or medicine or cream should I use? My main concerns are will the meatus get to its original size again? Is there a possibility to become weak and tear more ahead in life? If there are chances of more tear after marriage during physical relationship, what precautions can I take? What is the transparent thick liquid dripping? Should I be concerned about it? Thanks

Dr. Gopinath

Urology
#

• First let me say that this is a minor issue and you need not worry.
  • You have had a minor tear in meatus as per your description. It will heal definitely. It may take a couple of weeks still.
  • You need not take any medicine or cream.
  • In case it heals by scarring meatus becomes normal.
  • The transparent thick liquid may be urethral discharge. No need to worry about it.

Trauma.

Meatal tear.

Observation.

For further information consult a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Since I thought that the expansion will never heal again, can you please explain the scarring part a little more? Thanks a lot for your help; I really appreciate your reply.

Dr. Gopinath

Urology
#

• Any tear or wound heals by fibrosis or scar thus shrinking the round orifice.
  • So, the meatus will become normal in due course. Do not worry.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I have attached an image to let you know the exact amount of damage. There is some swelling to it also. If you think I should do something about it please let me know. Even if this heals, does it have a chance that it will tear more in time?

Dr. Gopinath

Urology
#

I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• This is no way significant. Be reassured. Keep cool.
  • The lips of the meatus look prominent always.
  • This may be a bit exaggerated. You need not worry about it anymore.

I have a lump on penis and feel uncomfortable during sex. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump inside the foreskin near the penis head. It has been there for more than a year. It is painless. It does not hurt during sexual intercourse but feels uncomfortable during oral sex. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is dilated vein of the penis. The swelling is because there may be thrombosis (blood clot) inside the vein. Do not worry as it is not harmful at all. It should resolve. I suggest you...  Read Full

Why am I having frequent nightfall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I have to face problems of falling of sperm. Nightfall happens four times a week. Some time my penis feels burning. It hurts me. I met so many doctors for some days, I get relief, then again I test all sugar, thyroid, and so on. All are negative.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have the problem of nocturnal emissions four times a week and this is happening most probably due to the lack of sex or masturbation. Engaging in masturbation or sex would reduce the frequency and you will feel better. The burning i...  Read Full

What test should I undergo to confirm HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex 40 days back. I feel burning sensation in penis for last 1 month. I had HIV test after 12 days of exposure and it was negative. Now, I have severe throat pain and fever even after three days course of medication. What to do? Please guide.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your HIV tests (human immunodeficiency virus) are not conclusive because none of the test will become positive in 12 days. Your sexologist should have told you this. Please go for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibody test and HIV RNA RT-PCR test (reverse transcriptase polymerase ch...  Read Full