Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

Hi doctor,

Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. But, I have never had any pain. Now, for the last few days, I am having constant pain in my penis. I went to the doctors and gave a urine sample. The result was negative without any infection. But, my doctor gave me antibiotics. I am worried that this could now be my urethra that is hurting me, but why would it start hurting now after all these years. My penis is very weak and I have to wear tracksuit bottoms as I keep leaking urine and it will be visible even through jeans. Would urethra hurt like this? If not, then what else could it be? The pain is all over the penis and a little more at the tip than anywhere else.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to

Please relax and do not worry.

  • I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra.
  • The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had.
  • Did you have a urine culture test to rule out an infection? If not, then after you finish the antibiotic course have a urine culture test to rule out infection.
  • I suggest medicines to reduce your pain or discomfort. Kindly consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  1. Tablet Flavospas (Flavoxate) one tablet thrice daily for 15 days.
  2. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate) 10 mL in a glass of water thrice daily for 15 days.
  • Urine may appear red with the above medicines, so do not get worried. Finish your antibiotic course along with the above medicines and have a urine culture test.

Revert back with the reports to a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Do you think it is an infection of the urethra? Can you suggest any alternative medicines for the above? 

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome back to

  • Yes, I do think it as an infection in your urine and not urethra.
  • If the trade name is not available, then ask your doctor to prescribe you the concerned drug. The active ingredients are Disodium hydrogen citrate and Flavoxate.

For further doubts consult a urologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am diabetic and suffering from UTI often. Please help.
My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?
Will antibiotics affect the sputum report?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »

Also Read

Leukorrhea (Leucorrhea) - Causes, Symptoms, Types, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
The whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that almost all women get during the menstrual cycle is called leukorrhea. Le...  Read more»
This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.