Q. Would excess of Amphetamine cause burning sensation of penis?

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Dec 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. But, I have never had any pain. Now, for the last few days, I am having constant pain in my penis. I went to the doctors and gave a urine sample. The result was negative without any infection. But, my doctor gave me antibiotics. I am worried that this could now be my urethra that is hurting me, but why would it start hurting now after all these years. My penis is very weak and I have to wear tracksuit bottoms as I keep leaking urine and it will be visible even through jeans. Would urethra hurt like this? If not, then what else could it be? The pain is all over the penis and a little more at the tip than anywhere else.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Please relax and do not worry.

• I think there is no relation about your past habit of Amphetamines and present burning in urethra.
  • The burning pain of the urethra may be due to subclinical infection, which is not detected in urine test that you had.
  • Did you have a urine culture test to rule out an infection? If not, then after you finish the antibiotic course have a urine culture test to rule out infection.
  • I suggest medicines to reduce your pain or discomfort. Kindly consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.
  1. Tablet Flavospas (Flavoxate) one tablet thrice daily for 15 days.
  2. Syrup Cital (Disodium hydrogen citrate) 10 mL in a glass of water thrice daily for 15 days.
  • Urine may appear red with the above medicines, so do not get worried. Finish your antibiotic course along with the above medicines and have a urine culture test.

Revert back with the reports to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Do you think it is an infection of the urethra? Can you suggest any alternative medicines for the above? 

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• Yes, I do think it as an infection in your urine and not urethra.
  • If the trade name is not available, then ask your doctor to prescribe you the concerned drug. The active ingredients are Disodium hydrogen citrate and Flavoxate.

For further doubts consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Kindly recommend a medicine for urine infection.

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from a urinary infection for the last one week. I am unable to control urine. But, no medication is taken yet. I am a 34 year old female. My height is 154 cm and weight 76 kg.  Read Full »

Will antibiotics help to improve IBS?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is now 55 years and has been suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for over a year. Her condition was not so bad before. She was diagnosed with intestinal disease and was given some antibiotics like Flagyl or Metronidazole. After she took those pills for a month, she h...  Read Full »

Is it fine to start treatment for TB before the test report comes positive?

Query: Hi doctor, My father aged 62 had undergone the kidney stone removal on both the kidneys. But, after one week of removal he suffered frequent urination with heavy pain. We have tested urine culture report and result is negative. Again we took an UV scan and come to know that the bladder size is redu...  Read Full »