Q. Will accidental entry of metal shavings into eyes lead to dry eyes and cataract?

Answered by Dr. Asif Manzoor and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Dry Eyes or Cataract? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had an injury to my eyes seven months back. I got metal shavings in both and had to remove and left scars on my retina. Since then everything is blurry and went to the eye doctor last month. My prescription has not changed. They say I have dry eye and starting of cataracts. Can the injury be a result of those things? I did not have a problem before.