Q. Chymoral forte taken for edema in legs resulted in penile swelling. Kindly help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2020

My father had stepped over the stone in the backyard and had got edema in legs. We consulted an ortho doctor. He gave him Chymoral forte. After having it, my father got swelling in the area above the penis. The swelling gets less after he goes to urinate.

Doctor has given add protein supplements like Protein X powder, Thyroxine 25 mcg daily, Fubexostat 1 OD for uric acid. I have his reports and image. Kindly guide.

#

Your father has swelling above the penis which is reduced after passing urine. Recently he took Chymoral forte. No urinary issues like dribbling or thinning of stream.

Alright, I actually appreciate if I could see the picture of the swelling. But swelling above penis is reduced after urination in most of time indicates inguinal hernia. This medication have side effects like diarrhea, indigestion, stomach ache, abdominal pain, bloating, hypersensitivity reactions, and abdomen distention. This can stimulate the hernia as well. At your dads age prostate is also a common issue, but since he have no urinary complaints and can empty the bladder well and efficiently then no need for prostate medications but screening for prostate cancer for men above 50 is important therefore I need him to do blood rest of PSA.

Other thing he needs is ultrasound inguinal area and prostate to look for hernia and prostate size. Picture for diagnosis. Make sure he is not constipated if he has constipation you can give him Skylax three drops in a glass of water twice daily. Likely all things will be back to normal after he finishes his medications and reduce leg swelling and move better.

Please follow up with the above mentioned requests.

|