Medicine Side Effects

Are chest pain and palpitations side effects of Cyclopam?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel chest pain and palpitations when I take tablet Cyclopam? Is tablet Cyclopam dangerous for me?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cyclopam (Dicyclomine) is the drug that blocks muscarinic receptors in the intestine thus relieves the abdominal colic pain. At the same time, it also blocks muscarinic receptors that are presented in the heart, brain, salivary gland, etc., that are considered as sid...  Read Full »

Can Fluoxetine cause restless leg syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Fluoxetine antidepressant drug for a few years. I just started to notice few change, but I do not know what to do. I am getting more headaches than normal, restless legs at night and hot sweat most of the day and night. Are my problems related to the drug? Can you prescr...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramkesh Prasad

General Practitioner, Preventive Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the problems you are facing are most likely related to long-term side effects of the drug Fluoxetine.Mild headaches and sweating are known side effects intrinsic to Fluoxetine. Usually this drug is tolerated by most patients only at the lowest effective dose.Also ...  Read Full »

I had a constant headache and having severe stomach pain after taking drugs. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a constant headache for two days then I visited a close-by pharmacy and I was asked to treat malaria. I was given Metherine Forte tablets (Artemether 80 mg and Lumefantrine 480 mg tablets) and two cards of Paucofenacmol Caplets. Two days after taking the drugs as prescribed by t...  Read Full »

Dr. Ohams Henry

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a persistent headache in the frontal part of your head. Was there fever, chills, and rigor, were you feeling like vomiting, after taking those drugs prescribed for you? Did your headache subside? The medicines given at the pharmacy are fine for malaria, but ...  Read Full »

Can I take Carisoprodol as I am allergic to Ibuprofen?

Query: Hi doctor, I am allergic to Ibuprofen. Can I take Carisoprodol?  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Carisoprodol is a muscle relaxant barbiturate compound. Do not use it if you are allergic to Meprobamate, Tybamate or Mebutamate or Carisoprodol itself. However, Ibuprofen allergy is not a contraindication for use of Carisoprodol as they are different line of ...  Read Full »

What is the transparent shiny red skin on penis with burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I observed something on the penis. It is like it burns and is red in color. I do not have any pain and itching. I started applying Clobesym-OZ cream. Now it seems some transparent shiny skin developing on it and also other parts of skin around it started becoming sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Clobesym (Miconazole) is a potent steroid based cream and whatever you are noticing now are the side effects of steroid usage. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://ww...  Read Full »

Are my psychiatric medicines the cause of high blood pressure?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 year old and weigh 70 kg. My blood pressure is on a higher side with readings around 150/90 always. I have a history of depression and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). I am currently on medication for depression and blood pressure and have been prescribed Nexito F...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are already on blood pressure (BP) medicines tablet Nexovas (Cilnidipine) and Nebimac (Nebivolol). Tablet Nebimac controls heart rate. Psychiatric medicines may affect heart rate, but not that significant to affect BP (BP=Cardiac output x heart rate). And the ben...  Read Full »

What are the side effects of taking levofloxacin and azithromycin tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I weigh 46 kg. Over the last seven months, I am suffering from fever along with chest and back pain. I also have body ache and little blocked nose but not runny nose. The mucus keeps coming out from my mouth. I have headache and I feel very tired. My stool is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. It is right that tablet Azithromycin might cause heart disorder like increased abnormal rhythm and this is seen usually in the elderly age group. At 19 years of age and if you have no known cardi...  Read Full »

Is seizure a side effect of tablet Percocet?

Query: Hello doctor, Can tablet Percocet cause seizures when taken in proper dose for pain? Will the seizures occur while I am sleeping?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepika Gorthy

Family Physician, Microbiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Percocet is a tablet with a combination of two medications namely Acetaminophen and Oxycodone. This drug is commonly prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain. It is advisable to use this medication only in the prescribed dosage and for the prescribed time...  Read Full »

Which antipsychotic medicine will cause the least weight gain?

Query: Hi doctor, Which atypical antipsychotic will cause the least weight gain? Abilify is not an option as I am allergic to it. Also, Geodon or Zeldox gave me severe drowsiness to the point that I had to sleep or could not open my eyes. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Haloperidol is an antipsychotic with the least weight gain potential. If you are maintaining well on the antipsychotic which you are prescribed now, I advise you to continue taking it as discontinuation can precipitate a relapse. The medicines are prescribed based on the ...  Read Full »

What can happen to a person having 14 Crocin 650 mg tablets at once?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend has taken 14 tablets of Crocin 650 mg at a time? What can we do now? Is there any ayurveda treatment for that?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crocin is a Paracetamol drug. Your friend has consumed 14 tablets of Paracetamol which is a very high dose. It can cause the following side effects: Nausea and vomiting. Diarrhea and abdominal pain. Low blood pressure and low blood glucose level. Headache and skin all...  Read Full »