Mediterranean Diet

Recently, my father had second heart attack and a stent is placed. Please suggest your opinion.

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 62 years old and he had a second heart attack recently. The first one was before seven years and a stent is placed. Now again a stent is placed in the left circumflex artery. His recent ECHO report shows diastolic dysfunction of grade 1, with mild mitral regurgitation and tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry to hear about your father's health condition. When a person gets a heart attack, then it is necessary to follow a lifestyle modification, and medications are needed to be taken. He should eat a healthy diet like a Mediterranean diet. It is low in cholestero...  Read Full »

Can elevated BP cause slight variation on ECG?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male. My height is 175 cm and weight 96 kg. I do not smoke or I do not consume tobacco or alcohol. I recently got my preventive health check-up done. My all blood tests are within normal range prescribed, including all cholesterol levels. I do not have any part...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Only a concerning finding is on ECG. What to do in that case? If first ECG (electrocardiography) done shows some abnormalities, but there is very low suspicion of disease on patient's history and examination, repeat ECGs should be done every half an hour for few hou...  Read Full »

What are the biggest pros and cons of the Mediterranean diet?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the biggest pros and cons of the Mediterranean diet?  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The Mediterranean diet is my favorite and I always recommend my patients to follow this diet. With regards to pros and cons, should focus on what this diet consists of: Mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, olive oil, olives, fish, legumes, whole grains, nuts. Basic...  Read Full »

What are the health benefits of Mediterranean diet?

Query: Hello doctor, In a few sentences, what is the Mediterranean diet? What food categories are typically eaten on the Mediterranean diet? In a few sentences, what health benefits come from the Mediterranean diet? And anything else you would like to add.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is way back to our ancient times we are in diet emphasis on eating a primarily plant-based diet like fruits, vegetables, legumes, grains, and nuts replacing butter with Olive oil using herbs and spices instead of salt. A vegetarian-based, fish and poultry food die...  Read Full »