Q. Kindly explain about the pros and cons of the Mediterranean diet.

Dr. Albana Greca

What is the biggest pros and cons of the Mediterranean diet?

#

The Mediterranean diet is my favorite and I always recommend my patients to follow this diet. With regards to pros and cons, should focus on what this diet consists of: Mainly of fresh fruits and vegetables, olive oil, olives, fish, legumes, whole grains, nuts. Basically, all body parts will get benefit. Plus, sharing meals with others and being physically active are also part of this diet, and makes it very beneficial.

With regards to cons, should look into the risk of following this diet: I do not know any study to confirm the risks. This is because all food types are eaten in moderation. So, there is no fatal restriction in food, nor in physical activity and social interactions.

|