Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

What causes meibomian gland dropout?

Query: Hello doctor, I am writing this as I am worried about meibomian gland dropout. I took a test before five months and I had a few glands dropped out. I had a flow procedure as I understand this is similar to PRK to correct my vision and after that I got dry eyes and MGD. However, I took a test today a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not worry. It is not the number, but also the working condition of meibomian glands that really matters. Meibomian glands secrete oils, which prevents tear film from evaporation. Tear film break-up time (TFBUT) and Schirmer's test values are normal in both ...  Read Full »

What medication should I take to get rid of chalazion permanently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a swelling on my upper lid, it seems like a chalazion. I had it a year ago too. It looks like the same thing. I am applying a warm water compress. Is there any ointment or oral medicine I should take? Why does it happen and what can I do to treat it permanently?  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chalazion is a lump in the upper or lower eyelid caused by obstruction and inflammation of an oil gland of the eyelid. It is not a tumor and does not cause permanent changes in the vision. Chalazion goes away without the necessity of surgery. RxErythromycin ointment...  Read Full »

How can I cure ocular rosacea, blepharitis, and MGD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22-year-old girl. I have had eye problems for around nine months and have seen several eye doctors and ophthalmologists who all have told me different things and tried a lot of different treatments that have not worked. I am a contact lens wearer with extremely bad eyesight and fi...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine the situation you are going through. MGD (meibomian gland dysfunction) with dry eyes related to rosacea is a disturbing problem. Your doctor is treating it very well but in spite of all, you are still having problems. You have done warm compresses, taken ora...  Read Full »

Can I use eye massage pen instead of warm compress for Meibomian gland dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with Meibomian gland dysfunction and I was advised to put warm compresses under my eyes. The problem is that it is causing me a lot of dry skin and wrinkles. I found an eye massage pen online. It gives heat also to the area. Can I use this instead of the warm com...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main purpose of the massager pen is to remove wrinkles and not to provide heat. So, it will not help with your Meibomian gland disease. The rationale behind advising warm compresses is to force out pent up secretions inside the Meibomian gland. Giving this heat ...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to meibomian gland disorder or blepharitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from an eye problem since the last 18 months or so. Initially, I was diagnosed with dry eyes and was suggested warm compress lifelong along with few eye drops and antibiotic. I have checked with almost six doctors locally out of which few say it is meibomian gla...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures you have sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the description of your problem and the photos, I agree with all the diagnosis which has been given to you. Actually, they are all interrelated. I also want to assure you th...  Read Full »