Q. What can be done for decreasing memory and learning capabilities?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

I am facing memory problem. Day by day I am feeling like I am getting down like forgetting most of the previous things specially related to my academic life. I am losing my learning capabilities. I am finding hard to memorize things now.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

At your age usually the problem is due to loss of concentration resulting in decreased memory power. Practice relaxation techniques like breath relaxation excercises daily as it will help you relax and focus and eases your anxiety. Study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes. Set small targets and try to achieve them. Foods rich in antioxidants and omega fatty acids also helps. If still problem persists, then consult a psychiatrist in person for evaluation.

|