Q. What can be done for decreasing memory and learning capabilities?

Dr. Aditya Gupta
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Aug 04, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 06, 2019

I am facing memory problem. Day by day I am feeling like I am getting down like forgetting most of the previous things specially related to my academic life. I am losing my learning capabilities. I am finding hard to memorize things now.

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatry Sexology
#

At your age usually the problem is due to loss of concentration resulting in decreased memory power. Practice relaxation techniques like breath relaxation excercises daily as it will help you relax and focus and eases your anxiety. Study in small shifts of half an hour followed by a rest of five minutes. Set small targets and try to achieve them. Foods rich in antioxidants and omega fatty acids also helps. If still problem persists, then consult a psychiatrist in person for evaluation.

How to overcome insomnia and memory problems?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past three months I have been suffering from worsening insomnia. I fall asleep with great difficulty. I used to get a light fragmented sleep, where I wake up several times and have many dreams. In fact do not even know if I have fallen asleep or not. I just know that time has pass...  Read Full »

I have PTSD, anxiety, depression and started noticing blackouts. What can I do?

Query: Hello Doctor, I recently consulted a counsellor suggested by my probation officer and discovered that I have extreme post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression, etc. I wonder if any of this could be related to the trouble I have got myself into. When I get very overwhelmed with emotio...  Read Full »

Why am I not interested in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »