Q. What are the symptoms of menopause and how is it related to thyroid disorders?

Dr. Rajesh Jain

I am 46 years old female, and my younger kid is 15 years old. My weight is 77 kgs. Recently I have developed hypothyroidism. And I have heavy bleeding with clots during periods. Are they menopause symptoms?

I have 25 days period cycle, and so far, I did not have any issues with my periods.

• My report details are,
  • T3 - 0.96.
  • T4 - 6.89.
  • TSH - 12.24.
  • Luteinizing hormone - 29.79.
  • Anti TPO - 259.
  • Pap smear - Normal.

At present, I have Becosules, Iron, and Vitamin - D supplements.

Please suggest me the dosage of thyroxine.

#

Do not worry. It seems to be premenopausal symptoms.

I would suggest 25 gms of coriander leaves juice daily in the morning on an empty stomach. Do yoga and pranayama. Go for a walk. Avoid rice, non-vegetarian, oily, and spicy foods. Have dates, beetroot, jaggery, green leafy vegetables, and bananas.

I suggest,

• Tablet Eltroxin (Levothyroxine Sodium) - 25 mcg - one per day in the morning on an empty stomach.
  • Tablet Pause (Tranexamic Acid)- twice a day to reduce bleeding during periods.
  • Tablet Ostocalcium Plus (Elemental Calcium and Vitamin D3) - twice a day for three months.

I suggest you have an ultrasound scanning of the abdomen and share the report.

Revert after three weeks.

|