Q. Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?

Published on May 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 25, 2019

I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all are the reasons for my fat thighs and hips. Sometimes, this problem makes me frustrated. Please suggest me some measure.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Consult a doctor for medical advice to lose weight and improve insulin resistance to allow regular menses to occur. Also it is important to maintain healthy ovulation and hormonal balance.
  • Your water intake should be increased to 5-6 liters a day. Also, complete avoidance of fast food is necessary and exercises should be continued.
  • I suggest you to get a hormonal profile, serum testosterone, fasting insulin and thyroid levels done to decide whether medication is necessary.

Review with the report and for any information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Will PCOS delay pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old. My height is 5'4" and weight is 70 kg. We have been trying for pregnancy for a year. My husband's reports were all normal. I am having PCOS, but my periods are very regular. I am on Oxetol 300 mg for partial seizure since one year. I am also taking Metformin 500 mg t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having seen your PCOS reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is suggested that you should opt for controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination procedure. It will increase your chance of conception by 20 percent as it would r...  Read Full

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full >>

Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, eating only low carbohydrate will not help. Follow a protein-rich, low carbohydrate, a fiber-rich diet that will fulfill the purpose. Have three small meals per day with lots of water. You can cheat sometimes with healthy junks. Exercise regularly with walk in ...  Read Full