Q. Having PCOS, How to regularize the menstrual cycle?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2018 and last reviewed on: Dec 07, 2020

I am 23 years old. I am really worried and fed up with my fat thighs and hips. As I am suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and I used to miss my menses. Now, my menstruation is regular. But, whenever I skip physical exercise I am sure that I will miss my menses. I think these all are the reasons for my fat thighs and hips. Sometimes, this problem makes me frustrated. Please suggest me some measure.

#

• Consult a doctor for medical advice to lose weight and improve insulin resistance to allow regular menses to occur. Also it is important to maintain healthy ovulation and hormonal balance.
  • Your water intake should be increased to 5-6 liters a day. Also, complete avoidance of fast food is necessary and exercises should be continued.
  • I suggest you to get a hormonal profile, serum testosterone, fasting insulin and thyroid levels done to decide whether medication is necessary.

Review with the report and for any information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|