Common "Menstrual Irregularity" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Menstrual Irregularity

Menstrual irregularity refers to changes in the regularity, duration, or flow of menstrual periods. Menstrual irregularity is common and can be caused by various factors, including hormonal imbalances, pregnancy, breastfeeding, menopause, weight changes, stress, or certain medical conditions. Symptoms of menstrual irregularity may include missed periods, heavy or prolonged bleeding, or irregular bleeding between periods. Treatment options for menstrual irregularity depend on the underlying cause and may include medication, lifestyle changes, or surgery.