Common "Mental Disorder" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Mental Disorder

Mental disorder is also known as mental illness. It includes a wide range of conditions that affect mood, thinking, and behavior. Some mental disorders are depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, dementia, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, and addictive disorders.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Are there any treatments available for sexual and physical anhedonia?

Query: Hi doctor, I have physical anhedonia. I cannot feel pleasure from physical touch like head massages. I also have sexual anhedonia. I cannot feel pleasure sexually or from orgasm. Is there any advice on how to cure this? I find it quite distressing.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. It can be due to 1. Infections – This can be due to urine infection. Do urine test and ultrasound of pelvis to diagnose the cause. 2. Diabetes, hypertension – Make sure blood pressure and blood sugar are under control. Already on me...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with paranoid delusion. Please help.

Query: HelloI was diagnosed with paranoid delusion and was given Zuclopenthixol injection for four months. I stopped the medication, and I felt weird. I would like to get my brain back to what it was before the medication. Will using a Dopamine agonist help? What other medications could help? Please advise...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your first query consult is on us! Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation. You will be normal within four to five months if you think that you have trouble due to anti-psychotic medication. There are some lifestyle modificatio...  Read Full »

I cannot stop imagining myself in different scenarios, acting like that. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old, and I cannot stop imagining myself in different scenarios, acting in such scenarios, and conversing with people who are not there. It is not as if I hallucinate and see people. I pose as all the characters and speak all their dialogues. These characters are mostly fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. As you said, it gives you freedom. Every one of us imagines things and creates a virtual world in our imagination. Doing so gives us some sort of relief from the day-to-day hassles and stress of real life. We can mol...  Read Full »

Is a strong desire to have an illness a part of a disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have something which affects me a lot. Basically, I desire to have a mental illness, and I have been even faking certain symptoms. To be exact, I do actually have mental health problems, I am diagnosed with Asperger’s, bipolar disorder, and OCD. However, I have a feeling I am not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is good that you are aware and trying to take the help of a psychiatrist. You are suffering from a borderline personality disorder. You like to take attention from people. You want to be pampered by your family, so you are looking for such an illness or faking illne...  Read Full »

I am currently experiencing mental depression due to an unhealthy relationship which is impacting my studies, sleep, and overall health. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently experiencing severe mental depression. Initially, everything seemed to be going well in my relationship for the first few months. However, over time, things started to change and my partner began treating me rudely. Initially, I managed to cope with it, but lately, he h...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. During the initial months after a breakup, it is common to experience adjustment difficulties. Typically, these issues resolve over time. It is advisable to take a break and engage in new activities, such as taking ...  Read Full »

My husband is paranoid and thinks that everyone is staring at him. Is he suffering from a mental illness?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my husband is paranoid and delusional. He has issues with people; he says they're staring at him. This has happened at all the jobs he's had. He blames other family members for things that they have not done. Is he suffering from a mental illness? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. K. V. Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query. It is almost clear that your husband does have paranoid thoughts and some delusions. There are continuous typical behavior patterns that signify that your husband has paranoid problems. Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental dis...  Read Full »

Low marks, study issues, laziness, depression. Need help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a college student. Recently my results for last year were out, and I did not get a good score. I have to score better marks next year to attain admission in the university. I am depressed because of my poor performance and results, and can not concentrate on anything. I have becom...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. You have not mentioned the time since when are you having all these symptoms. If it is after you got your results, then it may be wrong to label yourself as suffering from depression. This can just be an adjustment...  Read Full »

Why is my father having a sudden change in his behavior?

Query: Hello doctor,My father has a history of being severely abused, physically and mentally, by his parents. He is a great father and a kind man. Two weeks ago this switched, he is now angry, aggressive, threatening, and convinced that me and my family are against him. He once threatened suicide with a g...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurav Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If this change that you have mentioned is sudden then it is most likely that he needs proper medical attention. He will have to provide me with more details about his behavioral changes and the reason behind them. It has nothing to do with what he experienced in the pa...  Read Full »

My mother has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My mother has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. She has been having hallucinations and delusions for 40 days. She started taking her medicine for 24 days (Zopitab 2.5 mg for 15 days and Zopitab 5 mg for nine days). The doctor suggested admitting her to the hospital and giving injections t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your mother's situation, and you are a great son who has concerns about your mother. she is on a tablet Zopitab (Olanzapine) 5mg. It is one of the best antipsychotic medications for schizophrenia. You can w...  Read Full »

How can I help my depressed wife who cares for our children?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been suffering from a psychological problem. She is 31 years old and the mother of two babies. She has completed her post graduation, but is currently not working. She has been a home-maker for the past four years. She is unhappy about not having a job, whereas all her frie...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Your wife is going through a tough phase in her life. I suggest you to be more patient and empathetic with her. Her main conflict is not being able to work, so she takes out her frustration on you because you are the p...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.