Methylprednisolone

Why is there loss of smell and taste in chronic rhinitis even after medication?

Query: Hello doctor, I am diagnosed with chronic rhinitis by an ENT doctor. I cannot sleep at night and barely eat anymore because I cannot taste or smell anything. My nose is always stuffy. I tried Neti pot, sinus irrigator, herbs, and steam inhalation. I cannot seem to find anything that helps except...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. It can be a bothersome problem in your case. Chronic rhinitis should be evaluated, and any condition causing it should be addressed specifically. If you could show me the findings of the nasal endoscopy it will be useful for me to make a d...  Read Full »

Static Sound In My Ears After I Was Exposed To A Gunshot Noise

Query: Hello doctor, I was exposed to a loud noise (gunshot). Since then, I have a static noise in my ears when it is really quiet, and I get a pressure at the back of my head that often turns into a headache. Sometimes, I also get a tone in my right ear. If I do some physical activity, I may have dizzine...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Like you said, the tests are normal. But still, you suffer from a ringing noise inside the ear which is more in quiet surroundings. Physical activity causes dizziness and there is someti...  Read Full »

Is inflammatory myopathy curable?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from inflammatory myopathy confirmed by EMG, NCS and biopsy with CPK 2300 range and SGOT, SGPT also were little higher. I have already taken five days 1 g Prednisone steroid injections and later was on oral steroid tablets Omnicortil for 1 to 1.5 months reducing doses g...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To be very honest myopathy inflammatory in origin needs lifetime treatment. We just have steriods and other immunosuppressive therapy to control the disease progression. Definitely, Prednisolone works magically but since it has lots of side effects, we taper and reduce ...  Read Full »

What can be done for swollen turbinates due to rebound congestion?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on rebound congestion because of misuse of the nasal spray. I have used it seven days not knowing that will cause me rebound effect. My ENT doctor says to continue my spray due to my dry nasal congestion I think. Now I went back to him saying that, I had rebound congestion and m...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Why do you feel the turbinates are not getting reduced? Is it because you see those big in the mirror? Is there any symptomatic improvement in nose block after the use of Mometasone? Turbinates usually increase and decrease in their size a few times a day. Additional...  Read Full »

Kindly advise regarding my chest pain as the test results are normal.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female. I have been experiencing chest discomfort like an achiness for the past couple of months. It comes and goes. I cannot tell if it gets worse with certain foods or after I eat. Sometimes I think it does, but then I tell myself that I might just be making that up. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cardiac origin of chest pain is highly unlikely in a 29 year old female. Female has a cardioprotective hormone called estrogen, which usually delays the onset of coronary artery disease till 65 years. The pain you get is most likely because of high levels of your...  Read Full »

Could Sysron NCR and Predmet induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married before seven years and till I do not have a baby. My periods are regular in an interval of 28 days. For this month, I did not get my periods yet. But, my urine pregnancy test was negative. My doctor suggested me to have uterine fibroids and she gave Sysron NCR and Predmet 16...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Surely the drug regime that you are following will help you to delay the cycle more. Predmet is a steroid (Methylprednisolone), which is essentially notorious for delaying cycle. I think this delay could be due to any form of other drugs you have already taken indiscri...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for vitiligo?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering with a skin problem for a long time of four years. They are white patches. I have taken treatment from few doctors. Doctors have asked me to apply some lotion and show sunlight to them. They also gave some blue light therapy but I developed blisters after that. So, t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. I also viewed the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for vomiting after having had IV Methylprednisolone?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is a neuro patient and a week ago she was given five days treatment of Methylprednisolone intravenous. After her discharge, she has been vomiting every now and then. The vomiting usually occurs whenever she tries to move about and travel in cars to see her neurologist. Al...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering the nature of the disease, steroids and the Rituximab, you have to take care of few things: Chances of gastritis and gastric ulcers. Never keep the stomach empty. Have short frequent feeds. Abstain from spicy, fried foods. Abstain from car...  Read Full »

Will long time steroid use for RA prevent me from having children?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have been diagnosed with RA. And another rheumatologist told me I do not have enough symptoms for RA. However, I have been using Methylprednisolone 4 mg for almost four years every day. And this helps me completely get rid of any problems. If I do not take i...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it is a tough spot you are on. It will be difficult for a new rheumatologist to diagnose if you are already on steroids and the symptoms get masked. But I will try to simplify it for you here. Could you let me know the results of rheumatoid factor, anti-CCP an...  Read Full »

I had a sudden outbreak of hives. Are my medications appropriate?

Query: Hello doctor,This is regards to my urticaria problem. I had a chronic urticaria three years back, for which I underwent a course of Loratidine and Xyzal-M for close to one and a half years and was keeping well. All of a sudden, I had a severe outbreak of hives last week and was put on Dazit-M, Alleg...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the moment, you are having acute exacerbation precipitated by one of the exaggerating factors like artificial flavoring agents, any drugs or some chemical agents. You have already been prescribed steroid which is Methylprednisolone for three days and some other a...  Read Full »