Q. What is microcytic normochromic anemia?

I had a full blood count done and the report mentioned that there were microcytic normochromic cells noted. What does the report mean? Am I anemic or vitamin deficient? What do I do to get better? What are the concerning signs from this report? I do usually feel fatigued and lazy. How can I improve?

Hematology Pathology
#

Microcytic RBC (red blood cell) means that the size of the RBC is decreased.

• Usually, it is seen in iron deficiency anemia. But, your hemoglobin level is within the range. So, anemia is ruled out.
  • Excess stress, anxiety, being overworked, lack of exercise, lack of sleep, etc., can lead to a feeling of fatigue.
  • Check your serum sodium, potassium levels to rule out an electrolyte disturbance.
  • Investigate with serum TSH, T4 estimation to rule out hypothyroidism.
  • Check liver and kidney profile by serum SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase), SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), urea, and creatinine.
  • If you cannot identify the cause then, an NCV (nerve conduction velocity) and EMG (electromyography) can be done for further work up.
  • Consult a physician for examination and discuss your case.

Hope this helps you. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

| 

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now