Q. MRI report for migraine says minimal microvascular changes. What does it mean?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Migraine Headaches or Mri? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: MRI report for migraine says minimal microvascular changes.  What does it mean?

I am 52 years old and had an MRI for worsening migraines for the last six months. I have had migraines for 31 years. The finding was a few foci of T2 and 3 mm T2 prolongation within the left frontal subcortical white matter. No associated restricted diffusion or abnormal enhancement. No additional parenchymal signal abnormality. The ventricles and midline structures are of normal appearance.

Impression or conclusion: Minimal left frontal chronic microvascular ischemic changes. No findings of an acute intracranial process or abnormal enhancement. What does all this mean? My neurologist said to take seizure medicine for the migraines and my brain is fine. Currently, I am taking 12.5 mg of Amitriptyline every day and Sumatriptan when needed.