Q. How can I overcome migraine due to parental pressure regarding career?

Dr. Aneel Kumar
Published on Jul 28, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

There have been problems between me and my family due to which I have got a migraine. I do not want to do my family business but I am forced to do so. I have lost interest in talking to anyone. I was not allowed to do masters even though I was good in my course. I am not allowed to do anything that I want in terms of my professional career is concerned. I feel helpless and do not know what to do next. I have fought, cried, pleaded. But they do not let me do anything. Just because my father's business is flourishing and he has money, does it mean even I have to do the same?

Dr. Aneel Kumar

Psychiatry
#

I think there is a definite factor for your stress and that stress is due to the conflict with your father. They are not letting you complete your studies or they want you to join their business, these are different things. You have to clear in your mind about your current academic status and future career related to your studies and compare this thing with the business, and have a healthy discussion with your father or have conflict resolution counseling where you and your father would attend the session to have fruitful results.

Tips To Prevent Migraine

Article Overview: This article discusses some tips that can be followed to prevent migraine. Read Article

Dr. Divakara P

Migraine is a controllable disease and not a curable one, but definitely preventable. The intensity of this headache is very varying even in the same patient. Medicines are available for aborting the acute attack and also for the reduction of frequency and intensity of attack. But as far as some pr...  Read Article

Can stress inhibit brain development in children?

Query: Hi doctor, I read that great stress will cause brain development inhibition in children. Can this be caught up through something? Is this permanent?  Read Full »

Can a migraine and a tension-type headache coexist?

Query: Hello doctor, In short, I have a baby who is now 9 months old. I have started having a visual aura (fortification spectrum) and migraine around two months ago. The aura was almost always on the left side of the vision and the headache (which was quite mild), was on the right side of my head, at the ...  Read Full »