Q. What are the tests to undertake in case of mild fatty liver?

This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is under Ayurveda medicine for a hip labrum tear. She had an ultrasound done as a part of some checkup. The finding is mild fatty liver. I am planning for additional blood tests. Could you please recommend the needed tests. She is nonalcoholic. Also, let me know if this is something to worry about.

#

I went through your post.

• A mild fatty liver is a common finding and generally does not warrant any further investigations because it will improve with a high-fiber diet, fresh fruits and regular exercise such as brisk walking for 40 minutes five days a week.
  • If you want to further investigate her, a lipid profile and a fibroscan of the liver will be the recommended tests to see for liver fibrosis. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|