Q. What are the health issues that can occur due to molds?

For many months, we lived in an apartment that was wet and moldy (both black mold and white or gray mold). First, can you tell me what the long-term health risks might be? And also, could the strep throats a family member began having been connected to it?

#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

You are talking regarding health issue related to molds. Let me know you most common problem associated with mold exposure is hypersensitivity allergic inflammation problem in individuals who are susceptible to it. It can lead to allergic rhinitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis, etc., like problems. Your child sore throat can be from this mold allergy or could be from streptococcus bacteria or viral infection. ASO (antistreptolysin O) titer can be done for that. If positive antibiotic can be prescribed, mold is a fungus that can lead to fungal infection on long term exposure.

It is better to inform your nearby local authority for cleaning of the apartment. The clean place decreases the chance of bacterial, fungal infections, hence residential site should be cleaned as much as possible. For your child sore throat in additionally decongestant like phenylephrine can be prescribed. Give him vitamin C tablets. Warm water beneficial for soothing. Steam inhalation can be done two to three times a day. I hope I have solved your query. Let me know if you have further questions.

|