Q. I feel breathless only at the hostel. I am fine everywhere else. What is causing this?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar
Published on Jan 06, 2018

I am a 28 year old girl. From the last few days, I am feeling breathlessness at my hostel. I am fine when at other places like office and home. It is only at the hostel where I feel breathlessness. Can you please help me understand the exact reason for this problem? What all open solutions do I have? One more point I want to say, I do not know whether this is related: my hands and feet remain very cold, even though I have my gloves and socks on. One of the doctors said my estrogen levels are high. Please suggest a solution.

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Your hostel must have some particle, like mold, pollen or some other allergen that causes you breathlessness.So, kindly go for serum IgE total. If it is higher than 1000, then go for IgE specific for Aspergillus

Nothing to do with cold hand and feet. It may be due to low BP or mostly normal phenomena in winters.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now