Q. I feel breathless only at the hostel. I am fine everywhere else. What is causing this?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 06, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2022

I am a 28 year old girl. From the last few days, I am feeling breathlessness at my hostel. I am fine when at other places like office and home. It is only at the hostel where I feel breathlessness. Can you please help me understand the exact reason for this problem? What all open solutions do I have? One more point I want to say, I do not know whether this is related: my hands and feet remain very cold, even though I have my gloves and socks on. One of the doctors said my estrogen levels are high. Please suggest a solution.

#

Your hostel must have some particle, like mold, pollen or some other allergen that causes you breathlessness.So, kindly go for serum IgE total. If it is higher than 1000, then go for IgE specific for Aspergillus. Nothing to do with cold hand and feet. It may be due to low BP or mostly normal phenomena in winters.

|