Mucus In Stool

Is it normal to get ribbon-like stools with cramps?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old woman. I asked a question concerning my stools last week as well, as there was some visible mucus. Since then, the mucus is a lot less, and I was seen by a doctor who performed an anoscopy, which was expected. He told me not to worry. My stools usually are quite wel...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I remember about the last time we had a conversation. Anoscopy was expected to be normal since it was only local irritation of the rectal lining due to local trauma, as we discussed last time. I hope you have avoided the rectal temp. I was monitoring afterward. ...  Read Full »

How to manage a pimple-like growth in the anus with bleeding and greenish mucus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42-year-old male. I have been having a lot of pain while passing a motion for the past one week. The pain used to last for three to four hours. Off late, have noticed a pimple-like growth near the anus. Also, I have found traces of blood and a greenish mucus on my underwear. Are th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for attaching the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have checked it. It is anal fissures which are due to long-standing constipation. In such a case, if it is painful, you should visit a general surgeon to check it further and see if th...  Read Full »

What causes bloody diarrhea and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female with a height of 5.3 feet and a weight of 170 lbs. Sudden onset makes me feel tired and unmotivated. Since I have an ovarian cyst, I took Drospirenone and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets (birth control). I recently stopped taking Abilify 10 mg and Prozac 20 mg. I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed history, and I understand your concern. As far as I understand, all these started with your medications and supplements and smoking. Due to that, it leads to ulcers or tears in the stomach or food canal. Those ulcers are causing bleeding and bl...  Read Full »

My 3.6 year old daughter has stomach pain and loose stools. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 3.6 years old daughter, who weighs 10.5 kg. She is very thin and not a foodie. She is hyperactive when she is well. Sometimes, she complains of pain in the abdomen. It is going on from 1 to 2 months. The doctor advised getting an ultrasonography. She has been complaining o...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the detailed history of your child and the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) too. Most of the findings in the reports seem normal. Except some like ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), lymphocytes, CRP (c-reactive protei...  Read Full »

What causes constipation and white like substance in stools?

Query: I am a tad concerned about some of the things happening with my stomach as of recent. It started off with some mild constipation for a day or 2. After that i started noticing there was a bit of some discomfort on the left side of my abdomen. This peaked my curiosity and send me to internet. Which wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, I thinkyou are suffering of constipation. That is due to diet and lifestyle you follow. If you try to increase fluids intake, fiber, take fiber supplement, probiotics, and gentle laxatives at bedtime, I think you'll get improved. It happens not that often to get cancer for each symptoms...  Read Full »

Can pancreatitis cause blood and mucus in stools?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having mucus and bloody stools. The mucus has been occurring for about 10 months, and the bleeding began about one month ago. I have issues with my pancreas for which I am taking Creon, and I had my gallbladder removed due to gallstones seven months ago. I am a 24-year-old female...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine that you must be very upset about your bleeding issue, on the background of pancreatitis problem. You are through pretty tough time, I can imagine that. Well, the post-meal pain seem to be due to pancreatic related. With recurrent pancreatitis, the cal...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have mucus stools after taking medicines for cold and cough?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is 3 years old. she was suffering from cold and cough and was under medication like Mucolite, Timinic, Septilin, and Asthalin 2.5 mg. For the last two days, she was doing mucus potty, now it is getting better today. We did a test and attached is the interim report. Please adv...  Read Full »

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen her reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your child has a respiratory infection and nothing to do with her potty. The mucus you say is due to the swallowed phlegm. She needs an antibiotic like Moxclav dry syrup 5 ml - 0 - 5 ml twice...  Read Full »

Why is there no relief of passing green stools in a baby even after medicaton?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 2 years old and weighs about 11.7 kg. Baby is frequently passing green stools with blood spots and mucus. We gave Metronidazole and Norfloxacin, Reflora-R, Biz-Pro, Zinconia for the last four days. But there is no relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is dysentery by history. 1) It will take some more time to bring the symptoms down. 2) You can go for a stool culture to find out the organism responsible for it. That would give useful information as to which medicines would be effective. 3) Look for an alternati...  Read Full »

I notice some blood and mucus in my stools. Does it indicate Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, One month ago, I had bloody diarrhea, fever, and fatigue. Doctor tested stool for bacteria but found nothing. Bloody diarrhea and diarrhea eventually went away. I am feeling a lot better now. However, some symptoms concern me. My stomach and intestines keep making gurgling and growlin...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. See following an infection of Intestine (that is what you had initially), and there occurs some damage to the digestive and absorptive capacity of the Intestine. This leads to indigestion and malabsorption of food that you consume. But the presence of blood is of bit...  Read Full »

What is the reason for mucus covered stool in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is (2 years old) and his poop has a large mucoid wrapped around his stool. It stopped for two days and I noticed it again today. He has not been on any medication. No obvious blood stains and he has been active with no abdominal pain. Please, I would like to know if this is a t...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, I got your concern. Let me help you. From all these available information what I can say is that if he is active, playful, and eating well then just do not worry. Some toddlers have such kind of problems. If he continues to do so then will do stool routine report ...  Read Full »