Q. Do multiple sclerosis cause a burning sensation in the feet, pain in the hands, and a tingling sensation in the tongue?

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

I have a burning sensation in the feet, pain in the hands, and a tingling sensation in the tongue. Four months back, I did MRI, and the neurologist said I do not have MS. He said my issue could be because of PTSD. Do you think I have fibromyalgia? I am attaching my MRI report. Kindly suggest.

#

Burning sensations in the feet, pain in the hands, and tingling sensations in the tongue are symptoms that can not be seen in MS (multiple sclerosis), and your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) brain is normal. In fibromyalgia, pain and paresthesias do not appear. I suggest it could be due to sensory neuropathy; it can often be seen with alcoholism and diabetes.

Thank you for answering. Do you know if MS can develop in five months? I had the same symptoms four months ago, and the doctors checked, and everything was clear and fine. The symptoms disappeared, then they came back again. I cannot sleep well, and I have lower abdominal pain. Doctors checked my blood work, and it was fine. Kindly suggest.

#

No need to worry; it cannot be an MS (multiple sclerosis). MS is a disorder of the brain and spine. Your symptoms do not match with MS. Please remove them from your mind. Think positively. I am reassuring you that it is not an MS; it is a part of a thought disorder.

|