Muscle Tightness

Muscle tightness is when your muscles feel tight, and you find it hard to move, which is commonly experienced after rest. The causes are sprains, strains, insect bite, infection, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What causes a feeling of tightness in the upper neck area and bruising under the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, I have tightness in my right upper neck area (under my jaw) and there is pain under the right side of the tongue. I found a red spot under my tongue. What is it. I had this pain on and off for a couple of months. Same for the tightness. My neck does not seem swollen and I do not think...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I went through your query and the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am very sorry for the discomfort. As a specialist, I am here to help you. As I went through your history, I came across von Willebrand Disease type 3. The Willebrand F...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for numbness in cheek with drooping eyelids and muscle tension?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20-year-old male. I have numbness on my left cheek/jaw and sometimes even under ear for around four to five days now. I feel like my eyelid is drooping. It could have always just been that way. I have right calf muscle tension and tension on both arms (triceps). Occasionally the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am impressed with your awareness. The way you are describing it appears as Bell's palsy (you can better call it local stroke). But let me explain what happens. Do you have a deviation of face, loss of wrinkles on the forehead? You can search for a photo of Bell's p...  Read Full »

How to help the pain due to muscle contracture after third-degree burn wound?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a third-degree burns survivor. I was three weeks in the hospital before being discharged in the last week of November. My right arm is the one badly hit by the fire. It was a cooking gas explosion that splashed red oil over my body. It is over six months now after my discharge and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Doshi

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As I saw in the history and clinical photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identiy) that you had suffered severe almost third or fourth-degree burn with a scar and you have a lot of difficulties owing to it. It is almost six months and I think within a fe...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for muscle tightness?

Query: Hello doctor, The right part of my body feels tighter that the left. I feel pain in my right calf and thigh when I wear trousers and in my right underarm when I wear a shirt. What can I do to solve this?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahendra Thakre

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I need to know more about your symptoms. When and how does it start? Is it increasing day by day or it is the same? Is it associated with any pain or muscle ache? Is it aggravated by activity? Are there any diurnal variations? Is there any ba...  Read Full »

I have tightness in knee and groin with pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Overall tightness in right side of the body. Especially tightness in the right knee, above knee cap leading to pain front and top of knee. Also tightness in the groin both sides. Unable to feel the groin stretch on inside of the leg, more of a locking feeling at the upper inner groin ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Wajid


Answer: Hi, Welcome to It may be due to weak muscles, apply Diclofenac ointment on the pain above knee and shoulder, cover it up for 10 minutes, give it hot water therapy, try to slowly strech your thigh muscles untill you feel pain more and relax yourself, repeat it for twice a day. Take Ace...  Read Full »

Can facial tightness throughout the day be due to anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I do not have any medical history. Been always healthy. For the past 3 months, I have been experiencing this facial tightness which comes pretty often throughout the day with different intensity. The facial tension usually comes half an hour after I leave the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka


Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read carefully your question and would agree with your Doctor on the fact that all your symptoms are suggestive of anxiety. The fact that your symptoms are relieved by lying down, alcohol or physical activity is another argument in favour of anxiety. Anyways, bef...  Read Full »

Is it advisable to take either whey protein or fiber powders for tightening body muscles?

Query: Hello doctor, I need to tighten up my body. Is it advisable to take Whey protein or fiber powders? If so, suggest a good brand. If not, help me with foods that tighten the lower abdomen.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You can definitely get a more toned body. However, you need to work out four to five times a week, maybe around 40 minutes a day, and also give adequate rest to your muscles. Have high protein foods such as eggs (whites), chicken, turkey, etc. For protein supplements, ...  Read Full »

My right hip pains while doing certain leg movement. How to reduce the pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male. My right hip pains when moving the leg in specific positions (best explained in a few photos). Need help in identifying what muscle or tendons are affected so I can move forward with a correct stretching. I suspect a few problems but need an expert opinion. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. James F Geiselman


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Based on my clinical experience and the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you are more than likely dealing with hypertonic muscles. Based on my views the top three muscles would be the TFL (tensor fasciae latae), glute medius, and piriformis....  Read Full »

What can be the reason for the tightness on my calf during sprint after gastrocnemius injury?

Query: Hello doctor, 10 to 11 days ago I had a gastrocnemius injury on my left calf. The first four days the pain was really bad but now there is no pain. I just tried to do a little sprint, run. I can feel tightness but not pain. What do you think this is?  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel


Answer: Hello, Welcome to Usually, post any sprint or run which is done all of a sudden without reconsidering it as a regular activity there might be doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) and this stays for around 4 to 5 days of time. Post that, the pain reduces in its own without any kind of ...  Read Full »

How can I prevent tightening of calf muscles?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel like my calf muscles are gonna pull and I want to prevent it. It does not hurt, but I can feel the tightness. What should I do to stop this? I am scared.  Read Full »

Dr. Manel Silva

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This sounds like calf tightness, but it may be a few other things that are more concerning. If the tightness is only in one calf, you need to get follow up, especially if you are on birth control or have another risk for blood clots. Depending on your age, you may be at...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.