Q. What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted several doctors but we are not able to get a proper solution for the same. He recently had SI joint injection but the pain has not reduced yet. What can we do to cure the anterior pelvic tilt?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

It is common for this anterior pelvic tilt position to drastically affect your posture even up into the upper back and neck.

The tight muscles are hip flexors, tensor fascia lata, and quadriceps and weak muscles are the gluteal groups and hamstring, abdominals.

Stretch psoas & hip flexor and stretch exercise that relieves the overactive muscles.

Pain is probably due to the compression of nerves that causes severe numbness and sometimes tingling sensation.

Pain management procedures include exercise, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and pain management medications.

Medicines range from simple anti-inflammatory medications to opioids based on the pain scale and treatment.

It is better to have an appointment at pain clinics, especially for pain management.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|