Q. What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted several doctors but we are not able to get a proper solution for the same. He recently had SI joint injection but the pain has not reduced yet. What can we do to cure the anterior pelvic tilt?

Do you have a question on Anterior Pelvic Tilt or Benefits Of Exercises?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

MBBS., MD INTERNAL MEDICINE

It is common for this anterior pelvic tilt position to drastically affect your posture even up into the upper back and neck.

The tight muscles are hip flexors, tensor fascia lata, and quadriceps and weak muscles are the gluteal groups and hamstring, abdominals.

Stretch psoas & hip flexor and stretch exercise that relieves the overactive muscles.

Pain is probably due to the compression of nerves that causes severe numbness and sometimes tingling sensation.

Pain management procedures include exercise, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and pain management medications.

Medicines range from simple anti-inflammatory medications to opioids based on the pain scale and treatment.

It is better to have an appointment at pain clinics, especially for pain management.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What is the right time to exercise?
Query: Hello doctor, I need an advice on what is the right time to exercise during the day? Let me tell you that currently, I can only manage to walk on the treadmill and do the cycling in the gym. So I have two options in terms of time. One, in the morning before the breakfast and the second one is in th...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your body’s core temperature is an important factor in determining the quality of exercise. A cold body causes muscles stiff, inefficient, and susceptible to sprains whereas higher body temperatures leave muscles more flexible, more adjustable for workouts. B...  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain for the second time in five years. Please suggest a treatment.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 160 cm, and weight is 84 kg. I have a pain and discomfort in the pelvic area which gets aggravated on sitting, lower back pain, irritation on peeing, burning sensation in the pelvic region which radiates at times to the leg. I have seen a urologist...  Read Full »
Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history suggests that you have a chronic mild to moderate inflammation of the pelvic organs, most probably the urinary bladder. The possibility of a chronic epididymo-orchitis also has to be ruled out. Please do get the following investigations: CBC (complete bloo...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now