Muscle Twitching

Is occasional twitch in fingers and toes a sign of Parkinson's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 years old male. A couple of months ago, I was diagnosed with a bulging disc in C6 and C7. I had pain and weakness associated with such a problem, and after some treatment, the pain subsided. Since then, my left index finger developed a twitch. Always at rest and occasionall...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I watched your uploaded video and would explain that your symptoms are not suggestive of Parkinson's disease. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This kind of twitching is usually related to different causes like: 1. A pinched nerve, 2. Thyroid gland...  Read Full »

What vitamin deficiency causes muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, For about 10 days, I have muscle twitching in my calf, thighs and also in my eyes. I am worried about it. I got my blood test done. It showed that I have a severe vitamin B12 and vitamin D deficiency. My vitamin B12 was around 50 ng/L. Can these deficiencies be the cause for having muscl...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The duration is too short for any serious ailment. It is generally related to stress, coffee intake, and vitamin B12 deficiency. There is nothing to worry. It will go off.  Read Full »

Why is my diaphragm twitching?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a trembling or twitching on my side near the diaphragm, roughly around the sixth and seventh rib. It feels like a bubbling sensation, and I can feel it when I hold my fingers to the side.   Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. By your description, this appears like a pulsatile mass, because you can feel it with your fingers on the side. It may be in the diaphragm or the lower part of the lung or the liver if it is on right side. But the incidence of such a mass at your age is very rare. If you...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing muscle twitches all over my body. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old male in generally good health. For the past year, I have been experiencing muscle twitches all over my body, not all at once. My right thigh may twitch for several days then stop. Then my left shoulder, or ankle, or bottom of my foot. I searched plenty about it and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P.bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am gone through your history. You are having unexplained twisting movements of muscles and weakness on the left upper limb. Your history does not mention any sensory symptoms or urinary bladder symptoms. Hence, I am assuming it normal. You are suffering for a year,...  Read Full »

Apart from ALS, which other conditions cause muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. For the last three days, I have noticed continuous twitches on the thenar aspect of my right palm. Today, I searched on the internet and it showed it could be ALS. I am worried. Also, I noticed that my right thenar prominence is a little less than the left. I do...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think this to be ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). ALS will have little more extensive twitches and at times they are visible on the muscle surface and a number of muscles having the flaccid type of weakness. Fasciculation only for three days without any weak...  Read Full »

What could cause random muscle twitching and shaking feeling all over the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I hope you are well and hopefully will be able to answer some of my concerns. For the past three months, I have been experiencing some unusual symptoms which have given me cause for concern. First of all, I am a 28-year-old female. Before three months, I started to experience a sort of ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that we can exclude ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), considering the fact that you have sensory complaints (tingling and burning sensation). From the other hand, this would be an exceptional diagnosis at ...  Read Full »

Why is my cheek sore after a filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a tooth filling approximately 10 hours ago and felt excruciating pain when the local anesthesia was injected. I experienced pain from my cheek all the way up to my temple. The dentist was very rushed and just told me that the pain and numbing sensation could last for up to 2 hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you regained sensation, which means the nerve was anesthetized properly and has reverted too. The numbness, pain, and swelling in your cheek might be due to accidental injection into the cheek muscles. I want you to check yourself if you can ope...  Read Full »

Whar causes muscle twitching in the right forearm?

Query: Hello doctor,Since the past week, I have had a twitch in my forearm area. I do not know if it was because I had to lift a three-gallon bottle for a long stance, or due to my anxiety issues. There is no weakness or atrophy as could be the case with ALS. Also, the movement of the twitch is very visi...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that, it is possible to confirm the diagnosis of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), only after physically examining the patient. About your concerns, I would like to inform you that an isolated twitching...  Read Full »

Can masturbation cause muscle twitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I als...  Read Full »

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body need...  Read Full »

Does ALS affect both sides of the body?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 years old female. I first experienced my symptom 18 years ago, which was left-hand side symptom. I have seen two neurologists since the last visit along with MRI was seven years back. My main concern back then was MS, but the last neurologist said it is not MS. I raised my ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. I can state with 100 % confidence that no ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) presents over the 18 years. It is a progressive illness and once started, there is gradual deterioration. As symptoms experienced by you are of ep...  Read Full »