Ct Kub

What is your opinion about kidney stones problem existing more than two years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having kidney stones. Multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys. These kidney stones are there for the past two years, which were smaller in size and were two, and now the number has further increased. I am currently on himalya tablets, Neeri Syrup. I have attached the lab report...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a case of bilateral kidney stones that are non-obstructive. Ultrasound is usually operator dependent, and the findings are not always accurate. Hence you have to undergo NCCT KUB (nonc...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

What test should I do for smelly and yellow urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from prostate infection for the past six months. It started with blood in urine and then burning sensation while urinating. I am also having smelly and yellow urine. Before this, I got mouth ulcers. Also, I had itching sensation throughout the body mainly in the ches...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it accompanied by joint pains? Have you done urine culture and sensitivity? Left varicocele causes should be ruled by doing a complete ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder). Serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) should be checked. Have...  Read Full »

My left side kidney was swollen and I have kidney stone. Do i need surgery to remove the kidney stone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old female. I got sick about a month ago and I went to urgent care. My left kidney was swollen and I had an infection. I have a 2-cm kidney stone and they put a stent in. I do not want to have surgery. I am scared that the use of natural remedies can hurt the stent or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 2-cm kidney stone is a fairly large one and it will definitely require surgery. I cannot recommend using any natural remedies for a stone of this size though they will not affect the stent. The stone, however, can move to cause obstruction again, but this is unlik...  Read Full »

Is my husband's BP high due to the tumor in his left kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has a tumor in his left kidney. He does not have blood in urine, but he has high blood pressure for a while. His BP is as high as 140 to 160/90 to 105 mmHg. The reports I have attached are roughly three months old. Is operation a necessity? If so, then what needs to be done? I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It clearly shows 44 mm size tumor arising from the mid pole of the left kidney. The tumor looks like a malignant tumor. He definitely requires an operation called partial nephrectomy if possib...  Read Full »

Do I have bladder sphincter dyssynergia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old male, and I have a lot of problems during urination, from 20 days. The quantity of urine is very less, I feel that my bladder is not empty, and I have to pee frequently. I consulted a doctor, and he asked me to do a urine culture, KUB scan, and uroflowmetry. My ur...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the description, you do not appear to have bladder sphincter dyssynergia, as you have these symptoms for a short duration and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) scan is normal. Were you prescribed any antibiotics at the start of this episode? I think it is a case o...  Read Full »

My urine has a lot of bubbles, it is smelly and yellow in color. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from UTI from last six months. All my tests are normal, but the symptoms are not going away.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should have uploaded the last urine routine examination and culture reports. Do you have any medical comorbidity like diabetes? If UTI (urinary tract infection) is there for so long, it should be investigated thoroughly. So, get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and ...  Read Full »

Can UTI cause only left sided abdominal pain and burning sensation on urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old girl, I am having left abdominal pain and burning sensation on urinating. I did an ultrasound, but it was normal, and no renal stones were found. After few days, I started having pain from the back till the bladder, vomiting, and weakness. So, I got admitted, and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and from what you say, it may be a urinary tract infection. To rule out urinary tract infection, I would suggest urine culture. Left sided pain can occur if the left kidney and ureter is infected, ...  Read Full »

My son has a complex cyst in his kidney. Should I be worried?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 12 years old. Last week we found out that he has a complex cyst in his kidney. I am so worried and cannot wait until I see a urologist next week. So, I want to show you the ultrasound images and get your opinion on it. The GP said that he has a complex cyst and this scares me ev...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, it looks like a hilar lesion, but it is still not causing any pressure effects. I would need further investigations as follows. CT scan of the abdomen and KUB (kidney, ureter, and bla...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for left side hip pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain seems not to be related to the periods. If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days. If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of urete...  Read Full »