Ct Kub

What causes left-sided hip pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some pain on the left side just above my hip bone. It started recently after I finished my period and it has been there for a few days. It is very much uncomfortable and hurts when there is pressure on it.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain seems not to be related to the periods. If the pain is more towards the back, then it is likely muscular. In that case, muscle relaxant should help like Tolperisone 450 once a day for five days. If it is more on the side, then it could be a referred pain of urete...  Read Full »

What should I do for my right lower back pain radiating to right abdomen and groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my right lower back for about a week now. The pain radiates to the right side of my abdomen and groin area. It is not a constant pain but can be extremely uncomfortable at times. What is this in your opinion, and what course of action should be taken?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Right loin to groin pain is a classic presenting pain of ureteric colic, which can be due to stone in the right ureter blocking your kidney cause renal capsule stretch and pain. The pain can be severe, and patients keep searching for a comfortable position to reduce t...  Read Full »

How do nephrolithiasis and soft tissue calcification vary?

Query: Hi doctor, The findings of my 12 year old daughter's x-ray showed a cluster of 3 mm density overlying the right kidney, which may represent soft tissue calcification versus nephrolithiasis. I would like to get a clear understanding of the difference between soft tissue calcification and nephrolithi...  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nephrolithiasis means kidney stones and soft tissue calcification means any part of renal parenchyma gets high deposits of calcium and show up in x-ray. I want to know the reason for x-ray done. Is she having pain in the flank or burning sensation in urine or fever or vo...  Read Full »

How to treat prostate enlargement and difficulty urinating?

Query: Sleep disorder, anxiety, panic disorder, difficulty urinating, high blood pressure, and prostrate enlargement. One week experiencing sleep disorder. Two weeks - difficulty urinating.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi and thank you very much for consulting with us In my consultation I will address the prostate enlargement and difficulty in passing urine Prostate enlargement is common after the age of 50 years and it can cause symptoms of difficulty in passing urine. Investigations like ultrasound kub and pros...  Read Full »

What is the chance of passing kidney stones with medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have 8 mm renal calculi in the right upper ureter. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. CT KUB (kidneys, ureter, and bladder) is 95% accurate to diagnose urinary stones. Usually, stones form in the kidney and drop down the ureter causing extreme pain due to stretch of the renal capsule. Since your right kidney is blocked, I need to check on your kidney fu...  Read Full »

Kindly interpret the sonography report of kidney.

Query: Hello doctor, Please interpret the sonography report.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a stone in left kidney, lower calyx, 8.9 mm stone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Go for serum creatinine test and you have to undergo CECT KUB and CT urogram as well to come to a conclusion regarding diagnosis and further planning. Make sure...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about kidney stones problem existing more than two years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having kidney stones. Multiple calculi are seen in both kidneys. These kidney stones are there for the past two years, which were smaller in size and were two, and now the number has further increased. I am currently on himalya tablets, Neeri Syrup. I have attached the lab report...  Read Full »

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your report. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a case of bilateral kidney stones that are non-obstructive. Ultrasound is usually operator dependent, and the findings are not always accurate. Hence you have to undergo NCCT KUB (nonc...  Read Full »

How can kidney stones be detected?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old, fairly healthy female. I have been suffering from kidney stones since the age of 15. Mostly the stones would go away on their own without causing any pain. But in the last seven to eight months, I had been suffering from recurrent UTIs and mild pain in the kidney. Aro...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have got stone problem so early and since you are a recurrent kidney stone former, you need a thorough evaluation to prevent further stone episodes. You should collect the stone you pass in urine and do FTIR (Fourier Transform Infrared) spectroscopy analysis ...  Read Full »

What test should I do for smelly and yellow urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from prostate infection for the past six months. It started with blood in urine and then burning sensation while urinating. I am also having smelly and yellow urine. Before this, I got mouth ulcers. Also, I had itching sensation throughout the body mainly in the ches...  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is it accompanied by joint pains? Have you done urine culture and sensitivity? Left varicocele causes should be ruled by doing a complete ultrasonography of the abdomen and CT KUB (kidney, ureter and bladder). Serum PSA (prostate specific antigen) should be checked. Have...  Read Full »

My left side kidney was swollen and I have kidney stone. Do i need surgery to remove the kidney stone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old female. I got sick about a month ago and I went to urgent care. My left kidney was swollen and I had an infection. I have a 2-cm kidney stone and they put a stent in. I do not want to have surgery. I am scared that the use of natural remedies can hurt the stent or ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A 2-cm kidney stone is a fairly large one and it will definitely require surgery. I cannot recommend using any natural remedies for a stone of this size though they will not affect the stent. The stone, however, can move to cause obstruction again, but this is unlik...  Read Full »