Myocarditis

How can I get a high quality imaging without contrast?

Query: I need to have a cardiac MRI to rule out Covid-induced myocarditis. I am allergic to Gadolinium (I had a tachycardia reaction last time I had it) and so It would be best if I could have the scan without Gadolinium contrast, but I also want a really good image because of the difficulty of diagnosing...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in to us. There is a lot of research going on in the evaluation of COVID myocarditis. The most recent application of cardiac MRI is a late gadolinium contrast enhancement. However you have clearly mentioned that you cannot get a gadolinium contrast MRI due to adverse effect. ...  Read Full »

I have shortness of breath and numbness in arms in the morning. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male, who weighs 115 lbs and I am 5.10 feet tall. I woke up after an hour of sleep with shortness of breath and numbness in my right arm. I have been suffering from a cold, for a week now. Five days ago I boarded a flight, I got congested during the first leg of the...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would give my opinion regarding this, but it may not be the final diagnosis as I have not examined you. Shortness of breath after lying down for an hour implies there is a pulmonary congestion, that is pooling of blood in lungs due to weakened heart. It is called ort...  Read Full »

I have myocarditis. Is it safe to take a roller coaster ride?

Query: Hi doctor, Do you think it is safe to ride in a roller coaster with myocarditis?  Read Full »

Dr. Pramod Bhanudas Narkhede

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Myocarditis is an inflammatory disease of heart muscle. It can have a variety of cardiac manifestations ranging from no symptoms to severe debilitating life threatening condition. In the acute phase, the risk of complication is more. It is not safe to ride roller coasters...  Read Full »