Q. Why is there fungus on the nail beds of my fingers and toes?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Apr 15, 2018

Why do I have fungus on the nail beds of my hands and feet?

#

Nail bed fungal infection could be due to either continuous exposure to water or immune deficiency.

It is treated with a systemic antifungal for six months and keeping nails dry most of the time.

Immune-deficient conditions should be excluded.

Please send me a photo of your nails in order to classify how severe it is.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

What is the cause for seperation of nail from nail bed?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 years old female, went through menopause but otherwise I am healthy. There is a problem with my nails. Out of 10 nails, six nails have one-third of the nails separated from the nail beds, with a v shape, looking white underneath, rest of the nails are looking pinkish pale. The na...  Read Full »

Superficial Fungal Infections

Article Overview: Fungal infections of the skin and mucosal surfaces are very common. There are various types of fungi that affect different areas of the body causing distinct symptoms. Most mild to moderate cases can be treated with topical antifungals whereas severe cases require oral antifungal medications. Read Article

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Fungal infections of the skin are a very common occurrence in people of all ages, from babies to adults and the elderly, in healthy as well as immunocompromised individuals. There are various types of fungi and each causes distinct features, depending on the site of infection. Some common types of ...  Read Article

I am having bleeding and pus discharge from toenail. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have toenail problem. I had bleeding and pus formation. I consulted a doctor and she had prescribed the following treatment. Tablet Novamox CV 625 three times a day for five days. Apply T-bact ointment twice a day. After taking the above treatment, the pus formation stopped. But there ...  Read Full »