Q. I would like to get an opinion on my fiber scan and CT scan which shows NASH with normal LFT.

I wanted to get a second opinion on a fiber scan, and CT scan reports I received.

#

I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Your fibroscan result are suggestive of NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis). But there are multiple artifacts in the results so the results could be wrong. To help you better I would need to know, for what symptoms your fibroscan was performed? How about your liver function tests? What is your age and sex? Please provide me the above details to help you better.

I have upper right abdominal pain for a year, and also have ulcers. All of my liver function test was normal. I also have a slight fatty liver for years. This fibroscan freaked me out as the blood test, and the CT scan was normal. The other thing I should mention is that for a month before the fiber scan, I was on vacation and drinking abnormally heavily. The CT showed the liver is remarkable with few punctate, likely cyst.

#

I am not convinced with the report as your LFT (liver function test) is normal. I suppose your pain in the right upper abdomen is not related to this. It could be due to ulcers or acidity. Take Pantoprazole for two to three weeks. That should help.

Normal imaging with normal LFT, with doubtful fibroscan, leads us nowhere to the diagnosis of NASH. Just stop alcohol completely and start exercising. Get Fibroscan repeated after three months from some other center.

|