Q. I am concerned about my LFT values. How to correct them?

Dr. Rosita Alizadeh Shalchi
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

I am 30 years old and had a full body checkup. My liver function test showed the following values. Alanine transaminase (ALT) 104 U/L (method - UV with pyridoxal-5-phosphate), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 60 U/L and Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) 63 U/L. I am concerned about the LFT values. How to cure them? Also, I get some mild intermittent pain in the upper right quadrant.

#

• I can see that you are concerned about your laboratory test. You did not mention alcohol or medication use.
  • I would recommend you to do a liver ultrasound, and if it was normal, laboratory test for causes of hepatitis could be useful.
  • If it was normal, GGT couldbe repeated because increased GGT can be a sign of bile duct disease and may need MRI for investigation.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|