Q. I am concerned about my LFT values. How to correct them?

Dr. Rosita Alizadeh Shalchi
Published on Apr 20, 2017

I am 30 years old and had a full body checkup. My liver function test showed the following values. Alanine transaminase (ALT) 104 U/L (method - UV with pyridoxal-5-phosphate), aspartate aminotransferase (AST) 60 U/L and Gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) 63 U/L. I am concerned about the LFT values. How to cure them? Also, I get some mild intermittent pain in the upper right quadrant.

Dr. Rosita Alizadeh Shalchi

Medical Gastroenterology
#

• I can see that you are concerned about your laboratory test. You did not mention alcohol or medication use.
  • I would recommend you to do a liver ultrasound, and if it was normal, laboratory test for causes of hepatitis could be useful.
  • If it was normal, GGT couldbe repeated because increased GGT can be a sign of bile duct disease and may need MRI for investigation.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state?

Query: Hello doctor, Can hepatitis C be transferred if the blood is in a dried state? For example, it dried on a surface and you touch it with another dry object or with dry hands. I understand if you wet the dry blood to clean it up it can transfer but I am talking in a strictly dry state. I was told it ...  Read Full »

I am pregnant and having severe body itching. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently 26 weeks pregnant. I have developed severe itching all over my body, particularly in palms and soles of feet. I initially did not take it serious and kept applying coconut oil, Lacto calamine, etc., to get some relief. However, I did not get any relief from any of these. Th...  Read Full »

How long does it take for liver enzymes to normalize?

Query: Hi doctor, My ALT 384, AST 144, glutamyl 151, alkaline 131, albumin 45, lipase 24, amylase 68, CRP 7.7 and bilirubin normal. I have stopped drinking alcohol. How long will it take to normalize other enzyme levels? What are the risks I have from the above report?  Read Full »