Nash

Can NASH progress to cirrhosis due to drastic weight loss?

Query: I was diagnosed with NASH 6 years ago but not given any proper advice except lose weight. A Fibroscan reading of 4.3 (3 years back) and I was not told anything just given the paper readout. Last year, my Fibroscan was 6.6. And I was told “live your life” don’t worry. 2 months ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. The diagnosis of NASH means there was presence of inflammation in the liver. Which should be evident on ALT more than 1.5x normal or AST more than 1.5x normal, while excluding other etiologies and in absence of significant active alcohol intake. The Significant al...  Read Full »

How to treat grade 2 fatty liver with right abdominal pain and elevated LFT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from grade ll fatty liver with right side abdominal pain. And today's LFT report high parameters are AST-50, ALT- 88, and lactate dehydrogenase - 635. Please advice. I am currently taking Ayurvedic medications. I have also done KFT, CBC, lipid profile, thyroid, and su...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your labs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and yes, it shows raised LFTs (liver function test). It is suggestive of NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which is basically fats in the liver leading to hepatitis. Do you drink alcohol? ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for persistent high FBS even after medication?

Query: Hello doctor, My FBS used to be around 100-115 while on Metformin 500 mg twice daily (diabetic and PCOS). Recently I have been tired, and feeling hot in the nights, getting night sweats. My FBS was between 150-165 and I visited my doctor and some tests confirmed and he diagnosed me with NASH and pu...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have to wait at least two weeks to know whether the drug is working or not. Do regular exercise and yoga. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avoid irregular meals, please check whether you are suffering from hypothyroidism or metab...  Read Full »

Kindly help me interpret my liver USG report.

Query: Hello doctor, Four months before, I was diagnosed with fatty liver, slightly elevated fasting sugar and the level of total cholesterol. My current medications are tablet Viboliv 500 daily two times in a restricted diet and Nexpro RD. I had consumed spicy foods rarely. In the last four months, I l...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver disease is also known as NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis), which may progress to NAFLD that is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. The real issue here is to know if you are developing fibrosis or cirrhosis from it. And that is whether you are compens...  Read Full »

Please help me interpret my reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old female. I am bulimic for the past nine years and also suffering from anxiety and depression for the past five years. I like to drink alcohol a lot. I recently had a checkup and I have attached my test reports for your reference. I am just taking vitamin supplements...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you are having hepatitis. It could be alcohol induced, viral or a combination of both. The ultrasound will guide to rule out lesions in the liver. It will also help us t...  Read Full »

Please suggest an opinion on my fiber scan and CT scan reports of liver.

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to get a second opinion on a fiber scan, and CT scan reports I received.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your fibroscan result are suggestive of NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis). But there are multiple artifacts in the results so the results could be wrong. To help you better I would need ...  Read Full »

Is it fine to take Prednisone and Azathioprine for autoimmune hepatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been itching throughout my body, especially after eating, for about two years. I noticed fatigue and shortness of breath about 18 months ago. I stopped smoking before seven years. I stopped drinking before a year as my upper abdominal area started paining after drinking. Before fi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few important facts I would want you to consider. We have to rule out other forms of hepatitis like viral hepatitis, amyloid or iron deposition, NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis) and alcoholic liver disease. All three markers are non-specific; ant...  Read Full »