Q. My left arm is paining and turned purple after a dance practice. Why?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 12, 2021

My entire left arm is paining. I feel like the nerves pop when I finish playing the flute. I went to a dance practice, and my hand was purple, and after I massaged it, it went back to its normal color. What is causing this? What can I do to fix it?

#

• This can happen due to a thoracic outlet syndrome or a cervical rib, which can cause compression of nerves and blood vessels and lead to pain and discoloration of the arm and hand.
  • So, I suggest you try doing the following.
  1. Get an x-ray of the chest.
  2. You need to develop your trapezius muscle by exercising.
  3. Always sit up straight.
  • You can send me your x-rays, and then I can give you a more accurate advice.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|