Q. My tongue and lip are numb nine hours after a tooth was removed. What to do?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I just removed one wisdom tooth on my right side. It has been nine hours and the half of my tongue, lip and teeth are numb. What should I do? Is this permanent?

#

I have been through your query.

• The numbness you are feeling is because of transient mandibular nerve palsy which is the most common complication of the inferior alveolar nerve block. So, do not panic. It will be alright within 24 hours.
  • You can put hot sand in a cloth and give transient touches to the affected area.
  • In case the problem is not resolved within a duration of 24 hours, do visit a dentist as it may be a mandibular nerve injury and you will need a Prednisolone injection and a specified treatment for the said abnormality.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|