Q. Why am I not able to urinate from today evening even after drinking lots of water?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I am a 28 year old woman, who weighs about 50 kg, and I am 5.6 feet tall. I did not urinate today from 4 PM, even after drinking plenty of water. My stomach is also paining. Can you please give me some tips for this?

#

• Sudden retention of urine in a female may be due to infection. A rare cause is Fowler's syndrome.
  • Give hot fomentation in the lower abdomen below the umbilicus. If you feel like you need to pass urine, go to the toilet and open the tap. Let the cold water touch your feet. It is one of the methods to relieve retention.
  • If everything fails, then you may need catheterization by a doctor.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

| 

Can my abdominal pain after cholecystectomy throw me into SVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old male, 5'7", 235 lbs. I am suffering from SVT, degenerative disc L4 to S1, ulcerative colitis. Have undergone appendectomy (more than 10 years ago), tonsillectomy (more than 10 years ago), cholecystectomy (three years back). Medicines I am taking are Lopressor 50 mg t...  Read Full »

I have lower abdominal pain and chest burning with blood in vomit. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing lower abdominal pain and chest burning and constant bloating and I am gassy today and when I threw up it burned even worse in my chest and throat with some blood mixed in it. I am a smoker. But what could this be? I have been told before without tests that it is gastri...  Read Full »

Why am I having a painful swelling in my upper eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, There is swelling in my left eye upper lid. There is a pain and small pimple from inside at the corner for last two days. Currently, I am using Nevanac and Pataday eye drops.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»