Q. Why am I not able to urinate from today evening even after drinking lots of water?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

I am a 28 year old woman, who weighs about 50 kg, and I am 5.6 feet tall. I did not urinate today from 4 PM, even after drinking plenty of water. My stomach is also paining. Can you please give me some tips for this?

#

• Sudden retention of urine in a female may be due to infection. A rare cause is Fowler's syndrome.
  • Give hot fomentation in the lower abdomen below the umbilicus. If you feel like you need to pass urine, go to the toilet and open the tap. Let the cold water touch your feet. It is one of the methods to relieve retention.
  • If everything fails, then you may need catheterization by a doctor.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|