Precancerous Lesion

I Have A Red Dot On My Penis Head. Could It Be Herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a UTI two years ago that went untreated which resulted in the problem. I now have a permanent red dot on the head of my penis. No pain, bump or itching has ever come from the said dot. It has not increased in size in over a year. I have been using Kermatazole on the penis head f...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruth Agustin

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are greatly concerned about having early genital herpes. Both of your HSV IgG tests are negative since their values are less than 0.9. More accurate tests to determine primary HSV infection include HSV culture and HSV polymerase chain reaction (PC...  Read Full »

I consume gutkha and now I have burning sensation with white patch in mouth. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 34 years old, male. I am eating gutkha for the past 12 years and now I have found a white patch in my mouth and I consulted an ENT. He suggested me 10 days course of one Asbex tablet and one cream for the white patch. I am using it for 10 days and now the white patch is slowly disap...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Keep applying that gel for two weeks more. Avoid spicy food for one month. You have to take less spicy food for your entire life if you want to stay away from cancer. That's the bad news for you that you are experiencing the first few symptoms of oral cancer that is bur...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to have LEEP surgery in CIN1?

Query: Hi doctor, Is it necessary to have a LEEP surgery in CIN1?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your results showed cervicitis with metaplasia and suspected CIN1 (cervical intraepithelial neoplasia). In a colposcopy, it should be discussed in detail. It needs treatment soon....  Read Full »

I have a hard lump in my mouth. Do I require biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hard lump in my mouth since yesterday. There is very little pain, but I am freaking out about this because I used to chew tobacco and smoke for three years but clean since last one year. So, please, can you confirm if I require a biopsy?  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern since it is a hard lump. But, since you are saying that it is just one day old, it cannot be a chronic problem. Any form of oral cancer or precancerous condition takes some time to show. I would like to ask a few questions: Are you sure it jus...  Read Full »

Please check my reports and tell me if it is cancer or not.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 67 year old male patient. My report says 'neuroendocrine tumor well-differentiated benign against a background of chronic duodenitis.' Kindly let me know whether it is cancer or not. I have no other health problems.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ki-67 is not done yet. That information is required to say if it has malignant cancer potential. Kindly ask the lab to perform the same. For more information consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

Is it true that gastric metaplasia is a precancerous lesion?

Query: Hi doctor, After testing positive for celiac disease, I had an EGD and biopsy three weeks ago. The pathology report stated that I had marked acute and chronic inflammation with severe reactive epithelial changes including villus blunting and gastric metaplasia. I was negative for H. pylori as I was ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here according to your history, you were positive for gluten disease. So, you might have done tissue transglutaminase antibody testing. It is very sensitive for that and then, a biopsy for confirmation. In histopathology report, villous blunting present but intra-epithel...  Read Full »

Please give your opinion regarding my wife's colon polyp.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has been detected to have a 1.5 cm sessile polyp in descending colon in colonoscopy. One doctor said that there is nothing to be worried as it is harmless and the other says just opposite. Please give your opinion.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Before I answer your question, can you please kindly share some more information. Is this the only polyp detected? Does she have a family history of colon cancer? Did she have any bleeding or it was a screening colonoscopy? Is this her first colonoscopy? If no, then w...  Read Full »

How to treat the whitish mark on the inner cheek?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a whitish mark on the inner cheek. I am also experiencing pain in the wisdom tooth. I used to eat betel nuts, but now I have stopped it. How to get this treated?  Read Full »

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding to dental health. In such case, I would like to tell you that these are precancerous lesions of white lines on buccal mucosa due to the habit of chewing betel nuts. It can be OSMF (oral submucus fibrosis - rigid jaw and muscles and ...  Read Full »