Q. A part of my bladder wall was removed. What is the further management?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I had an operation three years ago, and a part of my bladder wall was removed. I had surgery around three years ago, where a urologist removed a part of my bladder wall. It has never been repaired, and I need it to be repaired. I have had ongoing sepsis and infection with routine antibiotics. To live with it, I need a second opinion that confirms my diagnosis, so maybe a doctor can see that and fix my lack of bladder wall. I have red flags on cancer now beginning for bladder or kidney, and amylase is a red flag, low. The infection went to my bone marrow, and urine from the bladder flows freely into the kidney. I have been told to take antibiotics for life. I have hurt my kidney, so I am now on a kidney-friendly diet. I may have a new semi blockage and need a second opinion on that, and I can still void urine, but I need a second opinion on all this, then I can move forward to fix and repair. There are too many to list. I have never been allergic to medicines before. Still, now, because my kidney has trouble processing certain medicines, I have reactions to different medicines, and due to kidney issues, I develop anemia. Hence, I treat it with high levels of molasses because I have a problem with taking iron. Laboratories said that my blood pressure does run low on a normal day for years now. I live with it and have no symptoms from it. I believe it is because I live with fungal infections as well due to too many antibiotics. I am currently taking Amoxiclav 875 mg morning, Warfarin 2.5 mg at 5 PM, Azithromycin 250 mg once a day (at midnight), Glutathione plus vitamins, elderberry extract molasses, etc.

#

Thanks for consulting with Icliniq

Overviewing your case, it seems to me that you got neurogenic bladder secondary to MS (multiple sclerosis). The neurogenic bladder will have high pressure and will lead to bilateral reflux over time, which will lead to urinary infection hence antibiotics for life. There was no cutting for your bladder from your report. It mentioned that the stent, which was placed before curling (not cutting) in your bladder. Any way stent was removed on the day of your discharge. What my advice is to continue with antibiotics. For more details about your urinary problem, you should go for a urodynamics study, which will show the amount of pressure in your bladder. We can give you proper treatment to control your urinary issues. Please follow-up after the urodynamic study with the report. If you any more queries, please do not hesitate to get back to me.

Kind regards.

Thank you for your reply.

The surgeon told me that he removed a part of my bladder wall. He said it needed to be fixed, but it was a complicated surgery, and he did not think he was the man for the job, then he retired.

#

Removing part of the bladder wall even can be done with no issues. If the big part was removed, it might cause you to have a small capacity bladder, leading to increased urine frequency. Treatment can be medical by tablet Tolterodine 4 mg once daily. But as I prefer earlier is to have a urodynamic study done before using medications for diagnosis. Urodynamic can show bladder capacity, bladder pressure, and many other useful details to us. Also, if you get me, a bladder diary will be great. A bladder diary records when you go to pee, and the amount of urine passed each time. This recording must be done to continue 48 hours. Please follow-up and update me about urodynamics or bladder diary. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards.

|