Q. My wife is having pain on the belly button. What course of action has to be taken?

My wife is having pain on the belly button. She feels this pain for the last five to seven days. The pain is sharp when she put her finger and touch the belly button. I need your opinion on the following. What could be the problem? What course of action has to be taken? Which speciality doctor to be consulted for this pain? My wife's age is 36. She has delivered two babies under normal delivery and had family planning operation five years before. Her health status and period dates are normal as per cycle.

Dr.Rajesh Kumar Padhan
MBBS., MD., DM IN AIIMS
Medical Gastroenterology

Thank you for explaining the entire history.

• Most likely, it is a neurogenic pain as it is sharp on touch. You have to consult a gastroenterologist to look for acid peptic disease.
  • It is better to consult a gastroenterologist soon personally as it needs a physical examination.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Want to get a quick medical advice from our doctors
for your health issue?

Ask a Medical Gastroenterologist Now »

Ask Your Question »

Ask the Doctor